Field Service Engineer Job at Daystar Power Group
Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Field Service Engineer
Job Locations: Lagos, Katsina, Bauchi, Yobe, Sokoto, Plateau, Jigawa, Benue and Kogi State
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage competent and experienced Field Service Engineers to install, maintain and operate our sites in Lagos, Katsina, Bauchi, Yobe, Sokoto, Plateau, Jigawa, Benue and Kogi State of Nigeria.
- He or she will troubleshoot and repair PV inverters, commission new equipment, and increase customer satisfaction through quality service and professional behaviour.
- We are seeking hard-working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Actively monitors installed site performance and creates monthly report for client.
- Serves as the first line of contact for client complaints.
- Resolves site issues remotely and through site visits.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Keep NOC team informed of regional issues and site status.
- Perform site audits when necessary.
- Assist in market research and identify solar energy projects in Nigeria.
- Develop standard operating procedures and HSE standards for solar installation work.
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of the company.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry, installing and / or maintaining solar systems.
- Language Proficiency: English.
- A self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate about quality of workmanship.
- Good communication skills and ability to lead and work well in teams.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing
- Demands, passion for renewable energy.
- HSE certification is an advantage.
- Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
- Approximately 5% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with an international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities - depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
- Control Room Operator / Analyst Job at ASA ADVANCE TECH LTD
- Recent Job Openings at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Employment Opportunities at Ifeanyi Best Electrical Groups
- Job Recruitment at APM Terminals
- New Job Openings at Ezion-Geber Energy Limited
- Mechanical Engineer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- IP Network Engineer Job at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Sales Engineer Job at Applied Engineering Technology Initiative Limited (AETI)
- Recent Job Opportunities at Saipem Contracting Nigeria
- Lead Software Engineer Job at Growth in Value Alliance