Finance & HR Administration Officer Job at BURN Nigeria
BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa. We are working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves. Our team of 900 people - 51% of whom are women - is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance & HR Administration Officer
Job Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Career level: Experienced
About the Role
- We are seeking a Finance and Administration Officer who will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the Nigeria office.
- This role entails having the expertise to administer accounting operations that ensure accurate financial systems, and will be contributing to financial planning, reporting, and implementation of best practices in financial administration.
- The successful candidate will also play an administrative role in ensuring the office aligns with company policies and compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- We are looking for someone interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative, and contributions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in collating data required for accounting and tax filing.
- Ensure that all documents have the relevant approvals before forwarding for payment.
- Maintain records of VAT invoices to support reporting to the revenue authority.
- Ensure all supporting documentation (including tax-compliant invoices) is available and filed correctly.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payables.
- Prepare payment documentation.
- Customer invoicing.
- Ensure that cash and cheques from sales are deposited promptly.
- Petty cash management.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Sales, cash, and other reconciliations.
- Statutory filings.
- Identify and address discrepancies on purchase invoices and receipts shared.
- Submitting financial reports on a timely basis.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager and/or senior management.
- The employee will work with the Head of HR &Admin to work on the following responsibilities.
- Keep abreast of any changes to labor laws and best HR practices in the country.
- Payroll preparation.
- Assist in the orientation of new employees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3 years experience in a business environment at least 3 years in Finance, HR, and Admin preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Education Background
- CPA finalist or its equivalent.
- Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
- BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
- Finance Manager Job at Agbeyewa Farms
- Human Resources Officer Job at Xiaomi Technology
- Internal Control Officer Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Plc
- Internal Auditor Job at Enroyale Consulting
- Financial Reporting Officer Job at VDT Communications Limited
- Internal Auditor (QSR) Job at Eat N Go Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at Cool Wazobia Nigeria Info
- Human Resource Coordinator Job at Mercy Corps
- Account Intern Recruitment at J-Six Group
- Finance Manager Job at Finnih Medical Centre