Human Resources and Legal Officer Job at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank
Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources and Legal Officer
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Human Resources and Legal Officer provides HR and Legal support to the department
Duties and responsibilities
- Supports recruitment by posting job ads, shortlisting candidates, co-ordinating interviews and support the overall recruitment and hiring process.
- Supports the documentation, orientation and onboarding of new employees.
- Conducts verification, background and reference check on all employees within seven (7) days of resumption.
- Process payroll, pension and benefits in compliance with policy.
- Implements the vacation calendar and ensure compliance.
- Supports the performance appraisal process and employment confirmation.
- Manages the approved training calendar and co-ordinate training activities.
- Maintains an efficient document management system.
- Maintains updated personnel records.
- Co-ordinate employee enrolment in benefits programs such as health insurance, group life insurance, pension etc.
- Provides assistance and information to employees on HR related matters.
- Prepares reports on HR indices and personnel activities.
- Maintains an updated HR database.
- Manages exit processes including exit interviews and payments of terminal benefits.
- Co-ordinates all HR events.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems.
- Draft and review contracts and Service level agreements.
- Prepare periodic reports on administrative activities.
- Provides legal support majorly to the HR, Credit, Recovery, Compliance and Operations departments.
- Attends court hearings and liaise with external solicitors and debt recovery agencies.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing and archive system.
- Liaise with service providers and vendors.
- Guide and ensure compliance with all local and laws of the Federal legislation.
- Implements health and safety standards across the bank.
- Oversee all activities in the Legal department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Minimum of BL, LLB, HND/BSc/ in Human Resources or social sciences.
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC.
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Previous experience as a legal practitioner.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Nigeria Legal system.
- Prior managerial experience in similar role or capacity.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- A strong working knowledge of employment laws and HR regulatory compliance.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills.
- Administrative and managerial skills.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suit.
N100,000 - N120,000 / month.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the Subject "Human Resources and Legal Officer".
Note: If you do not get a response from the Recruiterafter 4weeks of this publication, please note that your application was not successful.
- HR & Admin Officer Job at BlueTag Technologies Limited
- Human Resource Manager Job at Prestigious Consulting Group
- HR and Business Development Executive Job at Aideplanet Limited
- HR Officer Job at Imperial Phoenix
- HR Assistant Job at ICAP Nigeria
- Ongoing Recruitment at Gokada
- Cooperate Lawyer Job at White Rose Properties
- Current Vacancies at Dangote Group
- Human Resource Officer Job at Apline Group
- Human Resource Officer Job at FHON Consulting