Human Resources Assistant Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Human Resources Assistant
Requisition ID: R1464
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
- The objective of the Human Resources (HR) Assistant position is to assist the HR Officer with HR functions such as recruitments, filing, benefits, and hiring actions
- This includes but is not limited to; ensuring completion of employee’s documentation, HR administration and filing as well as documenting all performance actions and ensuring compliance with relevant company and labor practices, and ensuring up-to-date maintenance of personnel files as well as logistical support for the full cycle recruiting process.
- The HR Assistant will serve as the liaison between the field offices and head office for HR-related activities.
- Assist with staff recruitment by sending invitations, scheduling & participating in interviews, conducting reference checks, informing job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment?
- Assist in reviewing salary history of selected candidates and preparing salary analysis for potential hires, sending offers to potential hires, and updating the HR Officer with their response.
- Process staff benefits such as health insurance and life/Accident insurance Plan
- Serve as the liaison between field offices and head office for HR related activities
- Conduct terror checks for new hires
- Collect approved leave form for filing and timesheet confirmation
- Informing the project director and team members of joining dates of new hires and coordinating with other departments for necessary arrangements for orientation
- Maintain personnel records tracking employment history, confirmation, promotions, transfers, salary, and training
- Issuing of letter of employment and confirmation to newly employed staff
- Verification of certificates and follow-up on the response from former employers
- Ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment
- Updating the HR databases
- Review timesheets for errors and correctness
- Draft correspondence for and on behalf of MSH staff
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Business Management, Human Resources Management, Psychology, Social Administration or Law.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resources management, including recruitment and personnel management
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with an INGO
- Must be a member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management, Nigeria
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communications, teamwork and collaborating abilities
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive work flow.
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and explain the official framework employment regulation.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing personnel policies
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues; experience in conflict resolution helpful
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines
- Proven ability to successfully participate on teams in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability.
- HR / Admin Officer Recruitment at Ezion-Geber Energy Limited
- Human Resources Generalist Recruitment at Radisson Hotel Group
- Human Resource Officer Job at Buckler Ordnance Systems Limited
- Human Resources & Legal Officer Recruitment at FlexEdge Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Planet Partners
- Human Resource Generalist Job at RELIABLE STEEL AND PLASTIC IND. LTD
- Human Resource Officer Job at PEC Balloons and Events
- HR Executive Job at Eat N Go Limited
- Human Resources Specialist Job at Development Alternatives Incorporated
- Recruitment / Training Officer Job at Beebeejump