Pharmacy Technician Recruitment at EHA Clinics
EHA Clinics is a world-class comprehensive health care service provider located in Nigeria. We aim to bridge the gap between patients and healthcare services in any setting: the clinic, the home, or through innovative online and mobile solutions. All of our clinics are equipped with the latest healthcare technologies, and the most dedicated team of healthcare professionals, providing a unique range of patient-centric services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Pharmacy Technician
Job Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Pharmacy Operations
Purpose of the position
- The Pharmacy Technician will work closely with the pharmacist on duty in attending to patients, refilling prescriptions, dispensing medications, preparing labels, and maintaining smart stock inventory management.
What you’ll do
The Pharmacy Technician will support EHA Clinics department predominantly to:
- Fill medications based on prescriptions and prepare them for Pharmacists to dispense.
- Assist the Pharmacist in any other required duties.
- Conduct group responsibilities accurately and on time.
- Maintain and update pharmacy checklists regularly.
- Assist in stock count on a routine basis and ensure that expiring drugs are noted.
- Arrange/stack drugs and consumables according to FEFO guidelines.
- Ensure that minimum stock levels are not exceeded.
- Bring patients into the pharmacy (when necessary).
- Follow up/call patients to ensure compliance and report special cases to the Pharmacist on the duty.
- Follow up on drugs delivered to patients.
- Keep the pharmacy clean and ensure that dispensing materials are available.
- Assist in receiving medications from vendors.
- Assist in compounding in coordination with the Pharmacist.
- Dispense OTC medications and provide consumables to the nurses and doctors when needed.
- Preparing pharmacy packs under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Provide assistance in various functions of the Pharmacy.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Review, analyze and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Clinics Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD).
- The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note:
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the likes; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results.
- Participate in the quality management system through process monitoring, data analysis, implementation of interventions, and evaluation of those interventions' efficacy.
- Work to establish and maintain both long-term and short-term goals for the Quality Management Program, keeping track of and document the success of Quality Improvement Projects in achieving QI goals, advising and providing guidance to staff on the priorities and projects of Quality Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Minimum qualification of Diploma in Pharmacy
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in Pharmacy within the private and public sectors. Experience working with public health and health systems is an advantage.
- Candidates must be a registered member of Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) with an up-to-date practicing license
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Hold Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service
- Caring, Compassionate, Dedicated and Professional
- Working Under Pressure
- Data Analysis
- Humane, Empathetic and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to four (4) children under 21 years of age, or parents who are dependents of the employee (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) and supplemental health care coverage up to a cumulative maximum of N3,000,000 per household (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) in any twelve (12) calendar months.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon the successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days of paid annual leave (based on full-time work schedule).
- Nigerian Army (DSSC 27 / 2023) Nationwide Job Recruitment 2023
- Polio OBR Program Support Consultant Job at Solina Centre for International Development and Research
- Spa Manager Job at Tempkers Limited
- Medical Laboratory Technician Job at Vhelar Consulting
- In-Process Officer Job at Chemo-Pharma Laboratories Limited
- Nutrition Manager Job at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Health Safety and Security Officer Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
- Project Specialist Job at The Management Sciences for Health
- Nutritionist Job at Otans Farm Limited
- ExxonMobil Corporation Graduate Internship Programme (Medical Science - Laboratory Scientist)