Graduate Intern Recruitment at The Innovative Hub for Research in Africa
The Innovative Hub for Research in Africa is an independent laboratory that conducts surveys, studies, research, and training across the African continent. Our multidisciplinary team of seasoned African experts, with extensive country experience and top-notch skills, is committed to producing quality data based on international standards for evidence-based policies and operational solutions. We provide insights on a myriad of sectors while taking into account cultural and geostrategic contexts as well as local markets’ maturity. IHfRA’s goal is to become a privileged partner to stakeholders, namely development agencies, governments, NGOs, and the private sector to design solutions to challenging development problems in Africa
Applications are invited for:
Job Position: Graduate Intern
Job Location: Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), Abuja
Employment Type: Internship
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
- At IHfRA, we tend to work simultaneously on a variety of short-term to medium-term research projects. As Intern, based in Abuja or, Lagos office, you will be assigned to one such project that will provide you with hands-on experience and a chance for the practical application of the tools and techniques you acquired at University.
- You will work closely with the research associate or IHfRA country office staff to support planning, logistics, and data management for different projects.
- In addition, we are looking for 3-5 interns to help with survey instrument programming and testing and assist in developing data quality tools (High-Frequency Check). This might include conducting or assisting with:
- Survey coding using SurveyCTO, survey Solution, Survey Togo
- Monitoring incoming data for quality assurance
- Data management and data cleaning using STATA
- Training of field team
- Monitoring and supervising field team
- Performing other assigned tasks
- The Intern may train enumerators on survey tools and supervise the field team.
- Our ideal candidate is a Bachelor's Degree graduate.
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Public Policy, Public Health, Sociology, Demography, or a related field
- Knowledge of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods
- Eager to learn, and gain experience in a fast-paced organization
- Resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Basic proficiency in Stata
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, Survey Solution, CSPro) is an added advantage
- Prior knowledge of quantitative data analysis packages
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies
- Ability to understand and consistently work towards achieving the highest quality data analysis
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation, and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable
- Knowledge of R and/or Python
- This internship opportunity is offered as a paid internship.
- The internship will be for an initial 3- month period that could be extended to 6 months dependent upon performance and IHfRA’s needs.
- The successful candidate will start in November 2022.
- The first step in the application process is to complete a 25-minute quantitative assessment for which no special preparation is needed
- Candidates will be invited to upload their CV online at the end of this application.
- Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will, eventually, be contacted for a writing test and then for an interview.
- Disclaimers: IHfRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate upon age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
- For more information, please visit http://www.hub4research.com/Home.php.
- Everyone deserves a chance to get a top-of-the-line education.
- Fashion Intern Recruitment at HRbreakoutRoom
- Graduate Trainee (Assurance FY23) Job at Ernst & Young
- Intern (Student Teacher, Corps Member) Recruitment at Greensprout Educonsult
- U-connect Human Resource Limited Recruitment for Brand Activation Executive - Graduate Trainee
- Account Intern Recruitment at J-Six Group
- Finance Intern Recruitment at Indicina Technologies Limited
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Prospa Technology Limited
- IT Support Intern Recruitment at Eat N Go Limited
- Sales Intern Recruitment at Tizeti Network Limited