Senior Accountant Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Positon: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
- Will be responsible for accounting and finance operations for the HQ and state office and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programs/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- S/He will provide support for operational problem resolution on HQ and state office cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level.
- The Senior Accountant will also ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the HQ office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records, prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities for the Finance Manager’s review.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the HQ office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Also, s/he will monitor/track SRs cash balance and work with the Finance Manager to ensure prompt cash transfer to SRs and State Offices to avoid cash-out.
- S/He will oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus States.
- Take lead in the preparation of the project activity budget and workplan development, ensure timely processing of payments including retirements and support the procurement unit carryout procurement process.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 - 7 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Position as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Admin & Account Officer Job at Chelis Bookazine Limited
- Accounts Officer Job at DMOT Enterprises
- Accounts Officer Job at KyDAL Office Point (KOP)
- Account Manager Job at PropertyPro Africa Group
- Job Vacancies at ATC Nigeria
- Internal Auditor Job at Premium Swiss Hotels and Resorts
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Job at Goldplates Feast House
- Resident Internal Auditor Job at Sundry Foods Limited
- Account Assistant Job at Kuddy Cosmetics
- Unit Accountant Job at Sundry Foods Limited