Accountant Job at AMS Financial Group
AMS Finance & Management is a financial services company, providing top-notch investment and financial solutions. We are licensed with and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Abuja
Job Type: Full Time
Supervises: Account Officers
Grade Level: GL 5 STEP 5
Objective / Purpose of Job Level
- Responsible for the management and reporting of financial data of the company
- Internal All departments as required.
- Reconciling the company’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers.
- Maintaining accurate financial records.
- Complete analysis of the company’s expenditures
- Generate and manage the company’s financial reports using income and expenditure data.
- Computing, filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company.
- Collaborating with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all customer requests.
- Complying with all company, local, state, and federal accounting and financial regulations.
- Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statements, etc.
- Performing audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Keeping abreast with current finance and accounting legislations.
- Assisting management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and generally accepted accounting procedures
- Liaise with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Coordinate month-end and year-end account closing processes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards i.e. Nigerian Accounting Standards
- Board (NASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant analysis of financial information
- Identify areas for financial improvement and spearhead improvements to processes
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and other Accounting Professional qualification / Certification, ICAN.
- Certificates from reputable institutions are an added advantage.
- Experience: A minimum of 7 years post-graduation experience, out of which at least 6 must have been in the financial industry, and at least 3 years’ experience in a Managerial role.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Experience with accounting software and data entry
- Advanced knowledge and experience of spreadsheets
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and financial processes.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.
Key Competencies Required (The Skills Required For The Job):
Technical / Functional:
- Excellent reporting skills
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize your workload
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software.
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Well-organized and reliable
- Excellent leadership and decision-making abilities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the email.
- Finance Manager Job at Agbeyewa Farms
- Internal Control Officer Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company Plc
- Internal Auditor Job at Enroyale Consulting
- Financial Reporting Officer Job at VDT Communications Limited
- Internal Auditor (QSR) Job at Eat N Go Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at Cool Wazobia Nigeria Info
- Account Intern Recruitment at J-Six Group
- Finance Manager Job at Finnih Medical Centre
- Accountant Job at Philips Outsourcing
- Internal Auditor Job at Winnys Meal Limited