Civil Engineer (Graduate Intern) Recruitment at Geophase Resources Limited
Geophase Resources Limited is a leading Geotechnical construction company in Nigeria providing professional services in construction, geotechnical engineering, and quality control services in Engineering Construction. Founded in June 2008, the company is commissioned to investigate, collect, co-ordinate, proffer solutions and produce technical information of all types in a way that speaks excellence and quality within the construction space through site investigation and material testing both on the field and in the laboratory
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Civil Engineer (Graduate Intern)
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a recent graduate willing to learn and gain first-hand practical experience in the field of civil engineering.
- You will have an opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge to real world scenarios and get valuable knowledge while working with us.
- Geophase resources seeks to engage suitably qualified candidates as graduate trainees.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications after a competitive assessment.
- Giving technical support to senior staff in their work on large-scale engineering projects.
- Gathering data on exhilarating conditions at construction sites, including soil conditions, land elevations, or seismic activity.
- Performing surveys to gather information about existing conditions and to determine how best to implement new designs.
- Conducting calculations by hand or using computer software programs to estimate material requirements and other engineering specifications.
- Formulating construction plans for building roads, bridges, sewer systems, pipelines, or other structures.
- Administering tests to measure physical properties such as the tensile strength of materials.
- Educating drawings, sketches charts, and schematics to document proposals for new construction projects.
- Compiling samples of materials to test their physical properties using lab equipment such as electron microscopes, and ultrasonic testing devices.
- Formulating reports that details findings from research projects and summarized conclusions reached by the team.
- Experimenting with new construction materials and methods to recommend improvements to existing designs.
- Evaluating blueprints and other design documents to ensure that they meet the code requirement.
- Performing studies to determine how to best use available resources, such as land or water, to meet community needs.
- Harmonizing with architects and other designers to ensure that plans meet the needs of the client while meeting government regulation that might apply to specific projects.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the team lead.
- Must be a recent graduate with at least a Bachelor's Degree or HND in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- 0 - 1 year experience in the construction space.
- Minimum of 2nd class lower or lower credit.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Solid analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 2023 Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- Job Vacancies at Simba Group
- Job Vacancies at Endlex Group of companies
- Choice Talents NG Recruitment for Graduate Accounting Officer
- ipNX Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Retail Engineering Graduate Trainee
- Job Openings at Ardagh Group
- Engineer (Technician) Job at Hilton Worldwide
- Automation / Electrical Engineer Job at UAC Foods Limited
- Field Maintenance Engineer Job at EduBulb Consulting
- Ongoing Recruitment at Tezza Business Solutions Limited