Finance Intern Recruitment at Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International (HKI) - Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Intern
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Finance Intern will assist the Country Office Finance Team in ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Helen Keller policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The FI is aware of, and adheres to, Helen Keller’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Assist to properly code all transactions.
- Assist in Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and retirements.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the job position as the subject of the mail.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above
- Customer Service Officer (Intern) Recruitment at PropertyPro.ng
- Ongoing Recruitment for Interns at Softcom Limited
- Human Resource Intern (NYSC Placement) Recruitment at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Junior Accounts Officer Job at Royal Power and Energy Limited
- Human Resource Intern Recruitment at Tusen Consulting Limited
- Accounts Officer Job at Mogtech Group Limited
- Account Executive Job at Buwaky Enterprises Nigeria Limited
- Account Clerk Job at Eclat HR Consulting
- Female Sales Intern Recruitment at Walex Biz Nigeria
- Accountant Job at Frosays Foods Limited