IGCSE Biology Teacher Recruitment at Greensprings School
Greensprings School is an independent, non-partisan, day and boarding school for boys and girls from 18months - 18years. We encourage students to be lifelong learners by instilling in them great confidence, respect and a consciousness of the needs of society.
Greensprings School began in 1985 in the heart of Anthony Village, Lagos. Today, we have established another state-of-the-art campus on the Lekki Peninsula in Lagos. The Greensprings Community places great value on character and moral education as well on academics achievements. Our unique education ensures that boys and girls learn in the words of our school song. Vacancy exists for the position of an Accountant at Greensprings School, Lekki Ajah.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: IGCSE Biology Teacher
Job Location: Nigeria
Teaching and Learning:
- Plan, prepare and deliver purposeful and productive lessons to assigned classes.
- Undertake report writing and the award of internal grades as required. Department
- Carry out any reasonable subject-related duties assigned to them by the Head of Department.
- Attend department meetings and moderation meetings as requested by the Head of Department.
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire pupils.
- Encourage pupils and show enthusiasm for their subject in the classroom. Mark work according to departmental and School marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of pupil’s progress in their subject.
- Demonstrate an awareness of Assessment for Learning strategies and personalise the learning of all pupils, as appropriate.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and teaching styles, appropriate to subject and topic
- Participate in mutual lesson observations both within and beyond their department as a part of sharing best practice.
- Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of ability and learning styles in each class, particularly taking into account the learning needs of pupils.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Contribute to the Department’s devising and writing of new subject materials when required.
- Contribute imaginatively to the co-curricular, extra-curricular and sporting programmes of the School as required by the Head of Department/Principal and be prepared to run or assist with activities beyond lesson times and on Saturdays when required.
- Take part in the outdoor programme of the School in activities.
- Be familiar with the School’s health and safety guidance and be responsible for personal health and safety and that of the pupils.
- If full-time, be prepared to undertake the pastoral role of a form tutor.
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom, establish an orderly working environment and ensure the safety and good conduct of the pupils, following the guidance in the Behaviour Policy (and the Disciplinary Framework) and to enforce the pupils’ Code of Conduct and Dress Code.
Other Professional Duties:
- Support and foster the aims of the School.
- Be familiar with the contents of the Staff Handbook, the School’s aims and policies and endeavour to follow these closely.
- Carry out such duties, including cover for absent colleagues and examination invigilation, as are allocated to them by their Head of Department or Senior Teachers, punctually and efficiently.
- Attend staff meetings, parents’ evenings, Commemoration Day, Inset sessions and similar important functions both in and out of normal School hours, and participate in the main Saturday Open Day for prospective parents and pupils.
- Notify the Head of Department and as early as possible if absent from School and set rigorous, appropriate work.
- Attend relevant in-service training each year
- Take part in the School’s performance management scheme and appraisal
- SAFEGUARDING: The postholder will be required to;
- Complete Child Protection Training.
- Complete Background Checks
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all children and young person’s they are responsible for, or come into contact with.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Greensprings School Teachers are professionals who carry out their duties responsibly and with regard for the best interests of their pupils and the School.
- The Teacher of Biology plays a crucial role in helping students master the science of Biology. Through planning and delivering engaging lessons including lab experiments and other scientific investigations to enable all pupils to make good or better progress.
- Demonstrating excellent subject knowledge with the ability to communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way.
- Teach basic science, IGCSE Biology and A level Biology
- Take on departmental duties and responsibilities when allocated by the Head of Biology
- Share in departmental best practice
- Make a contribution to after school clubs (e.g. science club) Engage in extra-curricular biology with a combination of field trips and visits to institutions
- Willingness to invest extra time to ensure students achieve the best standard.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Recruitment.email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Admission Officer Job at Greensprings School
- Job Openings at IDEA Africa
- NAFS S.G. Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Graduate Trainee Tutor
- Job Vacancies at S-TEE Cambridge College
- Video Editing Skills Course Creator Job at Darl Creative Hub
- Job Vacancies at LEAM Consulting
- Job Vacancies at Buckler Systems
- Graduate and Experienced Chemistry Teacher needed urgently at Emovet Schools
- Experienced Facilitator (Fluterwave Development) Job at QuPee Consult
- Ongoing Recruitment at Fidelity Bond Group