Programme Coordinator, SARVE III Job at ActionAid
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the below position within the organisation:
Job Position: Programme Coordinator, SARVE III
Job Location: Abuja
Reporting to: Manager, Humanitarian and Resilience
Line Management: Programme Officer(s) 4
Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies
- The Programme Coordinator,“System and Structure Strengthening Approach against Radicalization to Violent Extremism (SARVE) Project” will work with communities through partners to understand the context, factors and issues of vulnerability, capacity to address them and support for groups, as well as on community resilience building.
- The post holder will be based in FCT - Abuja, Nigeria with frequent travels to project states.
- Develop quarterly plans within the framework of the SARVE programme in general but particularly the agreed objectives and outputs for the year, in collaboration with partners for the delivery of activities in support of SARVE outputs in project states.
- Implement on timely basis, agreed activities but also taking advantage of unplanned activities that may come up.
- Lead in assessment of potential partners in new communities.
- Conduct partner capacity building activities, collaborating with CSO partner to address capacity gaps identified during assessment (including attitudinal and systems gaps) as well as any other gaps or capacity deficiencies that would be observed from collaboration with partner.
- Provide continuous support (through coaching, support visits, feedback. mechanisms, and informal training) to Programme Officers and CSO partners on ongoing basis
- Ensure timely implementation of agreed activities by Programme Officers and CSO partner.
- Strengthen the capacity and system of line Ministries in the project states to ensure appropriate project implementation.
- Undertake such activities that promote the healthy relationship among implementing partners of SARVE and between implementing partners and other collaborators in the field.
- Maintain in collaboration with Programme Officers and other partners in the field, an efficient M&E system that traces performance in process, progress in results and allows for easy retrieval of information.
- Provide information to AAN that would link AAN’s national level policy advocacy work with community/state level issues.
- Offer critique of interventions under the SARVEProgramme and AAN Humanitarian and Resilience programmes in general, making suggestions for changes that would strengthen or improve AAN delivery.
- Promote the adoption of participatory approaches by Programme Officers and other actors
- Strengthen capacity of service providers in project communities to provide quality and target specific humanitarian and resilience services and rights.
Policy, Advocacy and Research:
- Initiate and coordinate the activities in Humanitarian and Resilience advocacy directed at improving the lives of vulnerable groups, especially women and girls
- Collaborate with relevant ministries and other agencies, alliances and networks for Humanitarian and Resilience issues
- Support discussions on the localization of humanitarian interventions in Nigeria
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to initiate and support advocacy activities directed at protecting women and girls within the conflict affected communities in Nigeria.
- Take responsibility for all research initiatives including baseline studies.
- Collate and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports from partner organisations
- Document and follow up on outcome of mid-term and annual project reviews
- Contribute to SARVE and AAN bi-annual and annual newsletter.
- Document and share learning from the project at national and international fora
Reporting and Accountability:
- Submit to Manager, Humanitarian and Resilience timely informative reports, indicating performance in processes planned for the month and progress towards outputs and objectives of the SARVE programme.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to.
- Participate in programme meetings of the AAN SARVE Team, sharing experiences, bringing up issues of general programme nature for collective decision making.
- Facilitate the sharing of information among Programme Officers, partners and with other stakeholders on the project.
- Submit human and other success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement by AAN outside the ambit of SARVE.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports for use of funds released for activities in the state ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Ensure judicious and appropriate use of Programme resources given to partners, combining adherence to agreed use of resources with flexibility in use so as to respond to changes and value adding opportunities when they occur.
- Ensure timely and accurate accountability for use of programme resources by partners in accordance with agreed format for accountability.
- Recommend assessment of partner financial system or financial management style where evidenced that these are not working
Human and Other Resource Management:
- Control the use of AAN property in the state in accordance with AAN policies.
- Represent AAN in project states – including attending meetings on behalf of AAN, presenting papers at fora, and protecting AAN image and profile
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Programme Manager.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities (Essential)
- Master's Degree in a relevant field (Desirable).
- Membership of relevant professional Institute (Desirable).
- At least seven (7) years of experience, 4 of which should be in project management.(Essential)
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general). (Essential)
- Experience working with vulnerable communities (Desirable).
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Team player, a personof integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Form in an MS Word attachment format to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using "Programme Coordinator, SARVE III - Abuja" as the subject of the mail.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
- Submitted or Scanned CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
- Applications from women and candidates from the Northeast and Northwest are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- Front Desk Officer Job at Kegoz Systems Limited
- Administrative Officer Job at InMotion ICT Hub Limited
- Confidential Secretary / Administrator Job at American Hospitals
- Administrative / Operation Officer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at Evidence Action's Mission
- Office Manager Job at Lextorah School of Language
- Office Assistant Job at U-Connect Human Resource Limited
- Administrative / Front Desk Officer Job at Furex Technologies
- Outbound Officer Job at Egatee Online Ecommerce
- Human Resources / Admin Officer (Volunteer) Job at Delight Affection Foundation (DAF)