Senior Software Developer (Fullstack) Job at Domeo Resources International
Domeo Resources International (DRI) is a prolific organization that proffers HR and Management Consultancy solutions premised on excellence and innovation. DRI analyses various organizational problems, develops improvement plans, deploys those plans, and monitors the plans to ensure improved organizational performance
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Software Developer (Fullstack)
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The CEO
- The main purpose of this role is to lead a team of Software Engineers in the organization, delivering business critical projects whilst maintaining high morale, managing the day-to-day activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by management.
Roles and Task Complexities
As a Technical Lead:
- Ensure that development standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software. Ensure that all Engineers within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Work closely with other Team Leads when necessary to create software that is cohesive.
- Work closely with peers in the business to fully understand the business process and requirements.
- Ensure that all software developed within the team satisfies the business requirements as specified by the client or organization.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule
- Show flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the business internally and externally for clients.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Delegate duties and tasks within the team
- Review completed tasks to ascertain compliance with standards.
- Monitor all team members and provide professional and necessary advice and guidance.
- Perform periodic risk assessments and initiate risk control strategies for all Software Development projects.
- Coach all team members and motivate them to produce desired results at the pre-determined timeline.
- Organize regular seminars and trainings to coach team members on global industry standards, new techniques and methods.
- Keep up with trends in the constantly evolving Information Technology industry.
- Perform regular IT audit to discover areas of weaknesses and fortify them internally in the organization and externally for clients.
- Provide timely and implementable solutions to complex IT related challenges in the organization and for clients as well.
- Carry out in-depth research to reveal new and better methods of handling functions within the department.
- Ensure that the company’s data and information are protected from unauthorized access at all times.
As Line Manager:
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your area as well as other business areas you will engage with.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
- Implement team goals and objectives
- Supervise, train and guide team members
- Inspire and motivate team members
- Be knowledgeable about each member of your team, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness, whilst translating their behaviors into clear tasks and objectives to improve their individual performance.
- Perform regular appraisal of team members’ performance and devise strategies as well as work with HR Consultant to ensure staff improvement.
- Submit regular reports to the management as at when due.
- Develop and manage Software as well as mobile apps for Apple and Android devices
- Designing innovative software and mobile apps from concept to launch. This responsibility will support the design and development of software and apps geared toward tech savvy end users.
- Collaborate with a team in the delivery of technical multiple solutions
- Ensure technical differentiation and quality of all software products
- Utilise latest technologies and toolsets to meet client need and exceed client expectations
- Generate new ideas and concepts to solve organisational and client business problems
- Take a design role from concept to launch
- Serve as a hands-on designer to create visual systems ensuring consistency across platforms
- Design best-in-class experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and that will delight users
- Work closely with Visual Designer to apply and develop visual standards for mobile platforms
- Develop the application, server, and database that make up the foundational structure of an App, website etc.
Website Project Development:
- This entails the design, development and maintenance of websites and web apps for the organisation and her clients.
- Develop, manage, and maintain various websites and other web development projects as assigned
- Support all digital/web-related initiatives and enhance user experience and functionality
- Train internal groups on new digital tools
- Work with agencies and service providers to ensure technical operationability
- Diagnose problems with software and applications when they occur and proffer implementable solutions accordingly.
E-Commerce & Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Create business requirements related to website development and communicate such requirements to the technology team accordingly.
- Lead IA strategy for the site.
- Manage usability testing projects and set requirements.
- Use Google Analytics site metrics tool to track site performance, traffic, and page views. Produce reports for various business owners.
- Generate relevant data for managerial decision making
- Work with developers to ensure any UI/visual design work is compatible across the consumption landscape.
- Ensure all projects are fully documented.
- Work with and engage 3rd Party vendors for services and technologies where appropriate for UX delivery.
- Manage oversight of UX web, mobile and device strategy and operations.
- Establish milestones for engagement, conversion and measurement, as well as explain findings to the relevant department and other relevant parties within the organisation.
- Manage QA Testing and resolve bugs when identified.
- Serve as secondary reviewer and tester for all work orders periodically during the site implementation cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies / Skills
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree in relevant fields with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of programming language – Python Django and React JS
- Decision-making skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- IT Project management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- Strong visual problem solving with expert design skills and a desire to define the next generation of client experiences
- A self-starter who is a “doer” that can work on his/her own projects with minimal direction
Specific SEO Competencies:
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
- Familiarity with the best tools in the trade
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competencies:
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to exert influence upwards by developing and maintaining relationships at Senior Management level with organization’s management and clients as well.
- Ability to identify current and future talent to contribute to business success
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into everyday activity and guide and motivate others to do the same
- Ability to solve complex problems, participate in continuous improvement and adapt the ideas of others. Strong verbal and written communication in English. Good interaction with internal and external clients.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using job position as the subject of the mail.
- Frontend Developer (VueJS & TypeScript) Job at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Chipper Cash Recruitment for Lead React Native Engineer, P2P
- Mid-Senior Level Frontend Developer Job at Wazobia Technologies
- Backend Developer Job at PERTINENCE LTD
- C# .NET Engineer (Senior or Intermediate) Job at Cavista
- Software Graphic Designer Job at MacTay Consulting
- Chipper Cash Recruitment for Staff React Native Engineer, P2P
- Web / Digital Content Specialist Job at Univacity
- Software Engineer (Full Stack) Job at Genesys Health
- Full Stack Java Software Developer (Internship) Job at ByteWorks Technology Solutions