Software Engineer (Frontend) Job at Klasha
Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Software Engineer (Frontend)
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level
About the Role
- Klasha is looking for a results-driven, fast-moving mid-senior level Front-End engineer to join our team and help to build an exciting payments and logistics startup in Africa.
- We are looking for a Front-End engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance.
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators.
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- You will participate in peer code review and provide constructive feedback to other team members so to ensure our delivery reflects your quality standard.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineer.
- Experienced in coding in React.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and Redux.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Strong knowledge of the African payments and logistics ecosystem.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Good understanding of Git.
- All the latest technology you need to do your role
- Employee stock option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Mental health wellness benefits; Headspace app subscription and Spill mental health support
- Budget for French language classes
- One-time home office set-up allowance
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year
- Paid birthday day off
- Team building events
- Paid parental leave
- Menstrual leave
- Learning and development budget
- Software Engineer (Linux / Python or Go) Job at Canonical Nigeria
- DevOps Engineer Job at Uridium Technologies
- Backend Developer (.NET, C#) Job at NimbleByte Global
- Mobile Developer with Flutter Job at NimbleByte Global
- Fullstack Developer Job at NimbleByte Global
- Website and Social Media Manager Job in Lagos
- Vatebra Limited Recruitment for UI / UX Design Intern
- Frontend Engineer (Talent Pool) Job at Kuda Bank
- Full-Stack Developer Associate Job at Deloitte
- Job Vacancies at Bulqsoft