Supply Chain Officer Recruitment at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a qualified candidate to join our team in the position below:
Job Position: Supply Chain Officer
Job Location: Plateau
Employment Type: Temporary, Contract
- To provide technical support on the supply chain management of malaria commodities at the project office in Plateau State, Nigeria
Scope of Work
- The Supply chain officer will be actively responsible for maintaining an effective and efficient logistic management and inventory control of SMC drugs at the state level.
- S/he will be work directly within the State Logistic Management Coordinating Unit and the Malaria Consortium office at the assigned state.
Supply Chain Management (70%):
- Ensuring that the supply chain activities meet the needs of the programmes in a timely manner and does so in accordance with donor requirements, MC policies and procedures.
- Carry out monthly stock status assessment of all SMC commodities at the state central medical store and report on the assessment to higher levels flagging issues needing action
- Coordinating SMC microplanning during which targets which form the basis for SMC drug quantification are determined
- Provide technical support to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management of malaria commodities at the assigned state
- Contribute to state level quantification of commodities as well as development of distribution plans using credible and verifiable data sources
- Support and assist in the management of SMC commodities at the assigned State Central Medical Stores (SCMS) and health facilities.
- Ensure the availability and distribution of pharmaco-vigilance forms during each implementation cycle.
- Provide guidance on reporting ADR using the pharmaco-vigilance forms to the state teams
- Carrying out post-distribution gap analysis for all SMC commodities at the assigned state
- Submit timely and accurate logistic report at the end of every SMC cycle and review all LMIS reports for SMC commodities at the assigned state.
- Coordinate Reverse logistics for SMC drugs from health facilities to the state central medical store
- Monitor the delivery of SMC commodities and escalate any discrepancies in the quantity of commodities delivered and any quality issues. This will be done at all the levels of the distribution of SMC commodities (SCMS, Health Facilities and Communities)
- Working with the state Logistic Management Coordination Unit on the management of SMC commodities and also serves as a link between Malaria Consortium and the state Logistic Management Coordinating Unit
- Provide support for the Monitoring and Evaluation team and reconcile logistic data with M&E data
- Maintaining and regularly updating a database of SMC malaria commodity logistics data
- Performs other duties as directed by the Zonal Project Manager.
Coordination / Feedback (30%):
- Ensure smooth relationship with Country Office and Supply Chain Managers
- Support collation and transmission of pharmacovilance reports to NAFDAC and the state LMCU
- Coordinate micro-planning for the supply chain component of SMC implementation at the assigned state
- Facilitate routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to health facilities on effective supply chain management of SMC commodities.
- Coordinate review meetings for all LMIS SMC reports to provide feedbacks on the quality of LMIS reports
- Provide regular feedback to the country Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner
- Provides support to the zonal project manager on program implementation
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven previous experience in Supply Chain and Logistics Management of Malaria or HIV/AIDS commodities
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy with 5 years’ post-qualification experience
- The person must be familiar with the national supply chain system of MoH and LMIS, including MCLS
- Experience working with and engaging stakeholders at the state level
- Ability to engage with stakeholders on the supply chain management of public health commodities
- Good inter-personal, communication and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven writing skills in English
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in developing countries
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Negotiation, Facilitation and coordination skills.
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date.
- Early applications are encouraged.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.
- Storekeeper Job at Periwinkle Residences Limited
- Distributor Developer Job at International Breweries PIc
- Procurement and Supply Chain Supervisor at Max Drive
- Store Assistant Job at CredencePro
- Compliance Officer and Warehouse Officer Job at Corporate Skills Bridge Limited
- Job Openings at Lead British International School Limited (LBIS)
- Warehouse Officer Recruitment at Sales Force Consulting
- Storekeeper / Front Desk Officer Recruitment at Oak Pensions
- Storekeeper Job at Folalil Cost Consult
- Inventory Officer Job at Karbak Ven Limited