Chartered Accountant Job at Stern and Kay Consulting Limited
Stern & Kay is a management consulting firm providing consulting services to organisations to help them anticipate and identify human capital management needs. At Stern & Kay, we work closely with your organisation to gain a deep insight into your business. We take the time to understand your organisation’s challenges, objectives, opportunities and strengths to enable us provide effective tailor made human capital solutions for your organisation. We recruit, train and develop the right calibre of personnel for organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chartered Accountant
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the organisation’s accounting and financial management functions
- Manages the various accounts of the organisation and ensures adequate financial controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including chart of proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the organisation.
- Prepares payment vouchers and uploads approved payments on banking platforms for the Managing Director.
- Acts as an interface between the organisation and its bankers.
- Assists in the organisation’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Prepares the organisation’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily/weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
- Prepares the organisation’s Accounts and Management Reports including monthly P & L and Balanced Sheet.
- Conducts daily, weekly and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepares the monthly staff payroll and coordinates such matters with the Human Resource Department.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates/supervises the annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
- Establishes and maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets.
- To ensure the organisation’s financial computer systems, manuals and procedures are updated.
- Maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed.
- Maintains proper inventory of assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
- Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
- Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A graduate with background in Accounting.
- Minimum of four (4) years core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
- Candidate must be an Associate member of ICAN or ACCA.
- Organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Reporting skills, problem-solving skills, deadline-oriented and time management.
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability and logical thinking skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, QuickBooks, SAP, Tally etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Proven working experience as a cost accountant or in a relevant field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficiency in Spoken and written English Language.
- Friendly, warm and compassionate personality.
- Proficiency in word structure and composition.
- Excellent administrative skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job position as the subject of the email.
- Personal Assistant, Financial Markets Job at Standard Chartered Bank
- Finance Controller Job at TeamAce Limited
- Finance Coordinator Job at ActionAid Nigeria
- Stock Account Officer job at Textile Company
- Analyst, Corporate Finance and Capital Optimization Job at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Analyst, Subsidiaries Monitoring and Reporting Job at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Accountant Job at Padoserve Limited
- Finance Graduate Intern (NYSC) Job at OVERWOOD
- Finance Manager Job at Virtual PALyn
- Inventory Accountant Job at Kyosk Digital Services Limited