Community Engagement Manager Job at Tuteria Nigeria
At Tuteria Limited, we're driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we've had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond - and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Community Engagement Manager
Job Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
About the Role
- We’re looking to hire an empathetic Community Engagement Manager to help lead all efforts aimed at building Tuteria’s community and increasing our brand visibility
- You’ll be an exceptional communicator able to engage any audience; a fierce believer in Tuteria, and have a knack for creating positive buzz around the company.
- In this role, you’ll maintain good relationship with all stakeholders including our staff, tutors, clients and users; manage our social media engagements, public relations and inbound marketing, create content, tell our stories, curate resources to educate users, providing support and organize community events to interact with our target market and the general public.
- You’ll be Tuteria's voice; bring excitement to work, champion our brand vision and mission and collaborate across teams to promote activities that help us build a stronger community, learn more about our users and build a brand that is loved by many.
- Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- This is a full time role based in Tuteria's office in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You'll be Doing
- Develop, implement and manage the company’s social media strategy to increase our online presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and others.
- Regularly create engaging text, image and video content for our social media channels, run campaigns and report on success against agreed KPIs.
- Periodically publish blog posts and articles, send email newsletters, and run experiments and surveys to better understand consumers needs.
- Propose and organize community meetups to help us interact with and learn from our family of users.
- Strive to increase customer engagement with Tuteria and build trust with our community of users through transparent communication.
- Identify key events that align with Tuteria’s business goals, represent the company at such or similar events; network and be our voice.
- Provide customer support, ensuring we maintain a consistent tone of voice, speed of response and quality worthy of a customer-focused brand. This includes placing requests and reporting on feedback received, highlighting any opportunities or challenges.
- Maintain relationship with media houses, influencers, industry professionals and business partners for the benefit of Tuteria.
- Create strategic marketing and communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications.
- Use Google Analytics, SEO and other tools to monitor user engagement, provide reports on metrics and continually find ways to improve those metrics through testing and new ideas.
- Be Tuteria’s main evangelist; find opportunities to share our story, apply for competitions or awards as necessary.
What it'll Take to Succeed
- Are resourceful, empathetic and always looking for ways to help people, add value to people, share your knowledge and enrich the lives of others.
- Enjoy engaging with people and have exceptional communication skills, a good listener and able to explain complex ideas in simple, layman terms.
- Have excellent understanding of how to run campaigns and drive growth on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter from start to finish.
- Have passion for content creation and copywriting - you own a blog, run a curated Instagram account or have previous experience running business-related social media channels.
- Have experience working with social media and email marketing softwares.
- Have experience planning events, leading groups of people, training people and public speaking.
- Always stay abreast of latest happenings on social media and around the world that may have an effect on our business.
- Are able to multitask, work within deadlines and iterate quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable using Google Analytics, experience in SEO optimization, and pay-per-click campaigns.
You should have:
- 2+ years working as a Community or Social Media Manager or a similar role.
- Excellent mastery of how to drive engagement on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and other social media best practices.
- A good sense of humor, be a happy person, humble and eager to learn from and teach others.
- Good presentation skills, exciting personality and ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly in speech and in writing, and can get people to buy into your ideas
While this isn't required, it'll be a plus if you have:
- A Degree or certification in Digital Media, Marketing, Communications or any relevant field.
- Experience working in a high-growth, post-investment tech start-up.
- Experience working in traditional or online media and communication houses.
- Created or co-founded a business before.
- Graphic design, photo-editing, video-editing and photography skills.
What We Offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- N120,000 - N150,000 monthly salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual learning development stipend
- 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
- Company pension contribution
- Housing / relocation assistance if needed
- Stock options for exceptional teammates.
- Job Openings at Sales Force Consulting
- Managing Director Job at Prodigy Microfinance Bank
- Managing Director / CEO Job at IBB Consults
- Independent Board Director Job at Winock Limited
- Managing Director Job at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Managing Director Job at Learnsoft Consulting Integrated Limited
- Managing Director Job at Bankly
- Managing Director Job at HRLeverage
- Managing Director Job at PG Consulting Limited
- Managing Director Job at NewGlobe