Fleet Officer Job at Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Fleet Officer
Job Identification: 3001103
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Category: Supply Chain
- You will coordinate the movement of assigned Country Program’s (CP) owned and leased fleet and drivers to assist with meeting all travel and transportation needs in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- You will help ensure the safety and security of passengers and transported goods, support safeguarding of the organization’s motorized assets and all other resources related to fleet operations and minimize risks and liabilities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Communicate and collaborate with staff to schedule and coordinate vehicle movements, assess and plan routes, and assign drivers to ensure optimal resource use and meet program needs per required schedules and standards.
- Apply all vehicle management operating procedures in compliance with agency travel and vehicle-related policies, local legal requirements, and donor regulations.
- Supervise and coach assigned drivers to ensure safe and secure driving and strict adherence to CRS vehicle policies.
- Maintain the Vehicle Management System for proper accountability. Prepare reports to assist decision-making for effective and efficient fleet management, as well as disposal and acquisition recommendations.
- Physically receive and implement receipt and put away of purchased goods on Insight upon receipt of supporting documents using the relevant Insight persona.
- Monitor and report on the physical security of all motorized assets, spare parts, and fuel.
- Perform regular diagnostic checks of all motorized assets and take action for timely and quality maintenance and repair. Review stocks of fuel, spare parts and equipment inventory and provide recommendations for acquisition and/or replacement.
- Coordinate and assist to obtain vehicle customs clearance, registration, insurance and plates. Supervise and facilitate the maintenance of all records related to the fleet and fleet operations. Review required documentation for accuracy and completeness and file per established standards.
- Maintain inventory management, stock control and inventory reports related to goods movement, damage, or loss and implement CRS cycle counts and inventory management actions on Insight.
Key Working Relationships
- Head of office; Head of Supply Chain; Fleet manager; Country Program Fleet Team; Procurement Team; Program Manager; Program team; Security team; Head of Operations; Head of Administration; Interns; Cleaners and Guards.
- Other sister Agencies; Other National NGOs; Car hire vendors; other Vendors on the Country Program supply list; Partners; other stakeholders.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in fleet/transportation role.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- English, Hausa
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Experience in minor vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Excellent knowledge of road traffic regulations, road network and road safety best practices.
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Personal Accountability: Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity: Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust: Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others: Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn: Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Agency Leadership Competencies:
- Lead Change: Continually looks for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others: Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhance team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset: Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Note: Qualified female are highly encouragedto send in their applications.
- Logistics Assistant Job at HMD Nigeria
- Fleet Officer (Maintenance) Job at MAX.NG
- Logistics Coordinator Job at BIC Nigeria
- Ongoing Recruitment at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Logistics Officer Job at Lily Hospitals Limited
- Job Vacancies at Tek Experts
- Job Openings at DMOT Enterprises
- Logistics Assistant Job at HMD Nigeria
- Job Openings at Goldline Nigeria Limited
- Admin / Logistic Officer Job at Chez Resources Pharmaceuticals Limited