Grants Manager Recruitment at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in more than 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Grants Manager
Job Location: Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast Connection activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict.
- By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats.
- In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
- Under the leadership of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Grants Manager advises and assists in the design, development, and oversight of the Contractor’s grants under contract (GUC) management policies, procedures and practices.
- S/he oversees the grant management process for the full grant cycle, collaborating across teams in all aspects of grant budget planning, management, administration, compliance, and reporting.
- S/he ensures adherence to NE Connection’s Grants Manual and USAID’s policies and procedures, providing policy guidance and interpretation for staff as well as grantees.
- S/he will provide leadership and oversight to the grant pre-award and application process, helping staff analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals, and awards, ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants, and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- S/he will train and provide ongoing mentorship to staff and grantees on grant administration, reporting, financial compliance and Creative’s online grants management system.
- The Grants Manager is also responsible for ensuring that grants development and management processes and approaches are flexible and responsive to the context and challenges of the target states in NE Nigeria. Under the leadership of the DCOP and in coordination with the program staff, will help identify appropriate GUC or rapid response mechanisms through which the project will provide grants to local organizations to conduct project activities and participate in capacity building efforts.
- S/he will provide regular progress reports on grant implementation to the COP and DCOP to ensure activities are implemented according to the project workplan.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Manager reports to the Deputy Chief of Party. The Grants Manager supervises (Sr.) grant officers.
- Manage full award cycle for grants and contracts, including solicitation, review, execution, implementation management, monitoring, communication with awardees, and closeout of grants;
- With the DCOP, develop and manage grants process workflow and create job aids and tools to support staff understanding and adherence;
- Lead the implementation of bidder’s conferences and grantee kickoff meetings, ensuring appropriate coordination among grants, finance, procurement, and program staff and timeliness of events;
- Ensure adherence to the established grant monitoring procedures, conducting regular reviews of grant documentation as well as scheduled and random site visits to ensure that grants are being implemented in accordance with USAID and Creative policies, rules and regulations;
- Work closely with program and procurement teams to monitor GUC mechanisms overall budget and assist the DCOP and HO Project Manager with budget forecasting for grant activities;
- Monitor grantee adherence to agreed-upon implementation plans, budgets, and timelines in order to proactively alert the DCOP and COP to the need of grant amendments. These may include scope, cost, and/or time amendments necessitating approvals from USAID. The GM is responsible for drafting and justifying the request in coordination with the program managers;
- Develop complete grant packages with the required back-up documentation for each grant (i.e., In-kind Grants, Fixed-Award Amount, etc) for the DCOP and HO Project Manager to obtain USAID Approval;
- Review and analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability and reasonableness of cost;
- Prepares and sends official responses to applicants after selection or rejection;
- Collaborate with the program team to assist in developing and revising mechanisms for making payments, monitoring & reporting financial performance;
- Establish and maintain proper grant tracker, processes, documentation, and monitor and record budget and payment information and contract deliverables;
- Monitor grant expenses and work with grants and program officers to provide regular updates on grant status including developing and maintaining grantee activity calendar;
- Where appropriate, assist the grantees in developing the work plans, budgets, monitoring progress, tracking expenses, preparing reports and following up on grantees complains with the terms of their agreements;
- Regularly follow up with grants staff and grantees on deliverables and to track implementation of activities;
- Coordinate with program teams to ensure thorough review of grantee deliverables and reports and ensure timely financial disbursements and compliance with grants financial management policies;
- Work closely program staff to review state-level strategies and initiate appropriate planning and sequencing of grants and direct implementation activities in the pipeline with grants, procurement and finance staff;
- Manage grantee database, ensuring accuracy of information and updating regularly;
- Ensure all grant documentation is properly filed and up to date on SharePoint, in accordance with grants checklist;
- Ensures grant concept notes and proposals received are summarized and documented in Grants Review Table; and
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business Administration, Financial Analysis or related field required, Master's Degree preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two years of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field operational contexts; at least two (2) years working in international development strongly preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years grants administration experience with international donors is required, previous USAID grant experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to analyze cost applications and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management.
- Competent in computers and using Microsoft office (word, excel etc) software for budgeting and tracking purposes essential.
- Understanding of budget and cost control management and ability to analyze budget line items for compliance required;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and develop strong working relationships with grantees.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, performing complex tasks and prioritizing multiple projects;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Excellent written and spoken English essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Recruitment@connection-nigeria.com using the Job position as the subject of the mail.
- The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position.
- This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Start your studies today and get up to 80% off your online studies
- Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc (FMN) - George Coumantaros Postgraduate Scholarship Program 2022
- Graduate & Mid-level Recruitment at a reputable Oil and Gas company
- Get Funding & Mentorship for your Business Idea on Vienhar
- Future-Proof Degrees for Tomorrow‘s World
- Your Chance to Make 2022 Your Year Has Just Been Extended – Up to 80% off tuition with IU International University of Applied Sciences
- Guiness Nigeria Plc Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2022
- Fully Funded Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2022/2023 for developing Commonwealth countries
- 2022 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship US$5,000 Programme
- 2022/2023 Fully Funded Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships to Study in the United Kingdom