Head of Accounts Job at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency was mandated by a leading construction company to recruit an experienced candidate to fill the position below for their operations in Nigeria:
Job Position: Head of Accounts
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
Job Category: Accounting and Finance
Industry: Construction & Real Estate
- General supervision of all accounts & finance activities of the group of companies
- General management of the day-to-day activities of the Accounts and Finance team.
- Continuous Review of the Company’s accounting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in line with best practice and statutory requirements.
- Provide financial advice and support to all departments as and when necessary, towards proper budget management and cost control.
- Develop (when required) and maintain a good relationship with Financial Service Providers (banks, insurers, Financial regulatory agencies, etc).
- Review, Negotiate and Reconcile bank charges.
- Drive 100% compliance of accounts team with the Company’s finance and accounts SOP, policies, rules and regulations.
- Oversee reconciliation of all ledger accounts.
- Conduct review and evaluations to allow for cost reduction opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant in-house departments (e.g Contracts, Service..etc) to ensure that all receivables due to the company are invoiced accurately and collected.
- Collate, review and interpret financial data and information with 100% accuracy.
- Review financial records for predicting financial trends and advising Management towards profit maximization and loss reduction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognised University
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar senior position within an international group.
- MBA, M.Sc in Accounting and Finance.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable tax laws and other statutory requirements of companies registered in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of other West African Countries’ laws and standards would be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant Accounting standards, best practice protocol and ethics codes.
- ICAN, ACCA, CITN or any other related qualification.
- Knowledge and experience with Opticon ERP accounting module.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP Business one accounting package.
- French command is a strong plus.
- Large team management experience.
USD $60,000 annually.
- Account Manager Job at High Caliber Nigeria Limited
- Payroll Specialist Job at Jumia
- Accountant Job at Alpha Mead Group
- Risk and Internal Control Officer Job at La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited
- Financial Analyst Job at MacTay Consulting
- Accountant / Financial Manager Job at HR-EX Consulting
- Qualified Audit Trainees
- Chartered Finance Manager Job at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Internal Control / Audit Officer Job at Agary Pharmaceutical Limited
- Internal Auditor (Microfinance Bank) Job at Brilliant Performance Solutions Limited