HSE Officer Job at Whitfield Ventures Limited
Whitfield Ventures Limited (WVL) is a global trading company with an active presence in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. We pioneered and specialized in supplying Nigeria and West African clients with globally sourced products and services that are critical to laying the foundations for a modern economy, as well as distribute raw and processed agricultural produce from West Africa to the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: HSE Officer
Job Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Health, safety and environmental (HSE) Officer who would be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs.
- Review and update institutional HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures for the Company
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all parameters with respect to HSE legal requirements are monitored and drive for compliance of each requirement.
- Responsible for communication and promotional activities for HSE as well as organizing and coordinating safety committee meetings periodically.
- Conduct periodic audits for monitoring effectiveness of compliance in all areas of HSE e.g. PPE, permit to work system, area audits.
- Establish and maintain incident and accident reporting and investigation system and ensure that action plans are implemented. Ensure that all incidents are reported to the plant manager and any other reporting line depending on which subsidiary is affected.
- Maintain record of all audits conducted in the plant along with corrective and preventive action lists. Drive for compliance of all CAPA plans.
- Conduct HSE inspections of respective areas and identify unsafe act & Unsafe actions
- Works to identify & eliminate wastages like air leakage, water leakage, unwanted power consumption
- Provide assistance to all departments in carrying out risk assessments and prepare a register for significant risk for own employees and contractors
- Assist plant manager to set the management program for achieving HSE objectives
- Monitor record and report HSE objectives
- Maintain contact with HSE for guidance.
- Maintain, review and update all statutory and legal records in HSE
- Document all areas requiring HSE operational controls, with the respective departmental managers and drive compliance through monitoring CAPA progress and periodical HSE audits.
- Provide relevant and proportionate training for all workers on site. This also includes induction for new contract workmen
- Document the emergency plan based on credible risks and conduct periodic drills to cover all area and all identified hazards. Documents the findings of these drills and develop action plan for improvement and implementation
- Ensure relevant and proportionate training is provided to all employees in his functional area
- Reporting and investigation of occupational injuries, illness and non conformance in their respective functional area.
- Ensure the scheduled inspections and maintenance of HSE critical equipment like Fire extinguisher, machine guarding/interlocks etc
- At least 5 years of relative experience across industries (Manufacturing, Marine Logistics, Warehousing)
- Accredited Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Degree in any related field.
- In Depth Knowledge of Legislation (E.G. OSHA/EPA) And Procedures.
- Knowledge of Potentially Hazardous Materials or Practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
- Strong communication
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Extremely safety conscious
- Team player
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
N150,000 - N200,000 monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job position as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.
- HSE Manager Recruitment at Fosad Consulting
- Health, Safety and Environment Officer Job at Etazuma Mining & Industries Limited
- Health, Safety and Environmental Officer Job at a reputable company
- Admin / Facility / HSE Officer Recruitment at Febol & GKK Nigeria Limited
- Health Information Officer Job at Havana Specialist Hospital
- Health and Safety Officer (HSE) Job at Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer Job at Graceco Limited
- Health Safety Environment Officer Job at KPMG
- Health, Safety & Environment Officer Job at JMG Limited
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) Lead Auditor Job at Leitung Gate Limited