Human Resources Officer Job at INTERSOS Nigeria
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Human Resources Officer
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with frequent visits to field locations)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Human Resources Coordinator
- Under the technical guidance of the HR Coordinator, role holder provides hands on support to all field bases within Borno State through ensuring the consistent implementation of HR standards, policies, procedures and processes.
- The role holder supports in the capacity building of field-based Office Assistants.
- S/he is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures, and the correct administrative management of all staffs working in the project according to HR Manager’s indications and INTERSOS procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance to local laws.
- Guides and support managers and staffs on HR policies and procedures and monitor the implementation of the rules in line with the Internal Regulation and Labor Law.
- Under supervision of the HR Manager executes administrative, legal related tasks and payroll procedures ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly collected (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, etc.).
- Ensures that all staffs in the project (National, international, visits, etc.) are properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Supports the bases with performance management, capacity building, disciplinary measures and other HR matters.
- Conducts interviews and select applicants who meet the specified criteria for the position as per the recruitment process and in close coordination with the line managers.
- Ensures hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, preparing all mandatory tax declarations in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Assists the managers to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities.
- Enters data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management. Archive the personnel documentation and keep it in order
- Updates national health insurance, GLA/GPA schedules, employee pension information and local indigene reports in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Under the supervision of the HR Manager, update regularly the project’s organizational chart and Job Descriptions in consultation with relevant staffs (i.e. Head of Mission, Heads of Base, Project Managers, Programme Coordinator, CFC, etc.)
- Follows up on the implementation of the staffs performance appraisal system (probationary & annual performance reviews).
- Ensures induction, debriefs and all exit processes are done as per INTERSOS Nigeria procedures.
- Ensures the timely production of HR reports from the field including attendance, payroll input, turnover, leave tracker and nominal rolls.
- Plans and conducts internal HR workshops, induction and trainings for national staffs according to organizational needs.
- Supports, in close coordination with the HR Manager, the managers in detecting training needs through consolidating staffs performance result, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, and follow up on action plans to improve people capabilities.
- Prepares the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending INTERSOS ’s interests and based on Internal Regulation.
- Ensures all administrative information available to the staffs (posting, meetings, etc.)
- In close collaboration with the Project Manager and HR Manager, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts.
- Supports the HR Manager in translating documents into local language. Assists the HR Manager in meetings upon request.
- Prepares and share statistical HR reports as requested
- Collaborates with Logistics department for movements and/or accommodation of staffs in the project Maintain and care for all equipment
- Minimum of B.Sc. / HND in Human Resource Management, Personnel Administration, or related field.
- A Certifications in Human Resources management is desirable.
- 3 - 5 years of HR experience
- Minimum of 3-year experience working with INGO
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all INTERSOS policies and procedures both technical and administrational.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival.
- INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.
- Human Resources Officer Job at Xiaomi Technology
- Human Resource Coordinator Job at Mercy Corps
- Human Resource Manager Job at CVM Career Company
- Human Resource Assistant Job at Success Digest Growth Initiative
- Human Resources (HR) Manager Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- HR Manager Job at a reputable company
- HR / Training Manager Job at Beebeejump
- Human Resources Officer Job at Cool Wazobia Nigeria Info
- Ongoing Recruitment at Hobark International Limited
- Human Resource Officer Job at Lorache Consulting Limited