Social Media Intern Recruitment at British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with - changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Social Media Intern
Job Location: Nigeria and West Africa
Employment Type: Contract
This Call is to identify an individual that will be contracted as Arts and Social Media Intern, Nigeria and West Africa. The internship will be for 6 months and support the British Council West Africa Arts team to deliver programmes in line with country, regional and corporate priorities.
British Council is a leader in education, arts and social issues around the world and focuses many of its activities on providing access to improved services, facilities and opportunities in these areas across the globe. British Council Sub-Saharan Africa Arts strategy focuses on supporting our regional vision through working to develop stronger creative sectors in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) that are better connected to the UK. This work enables the UK to hear clearly, the voices of young Africans.
We work through our partners in the creative sectors of the UK and SSA to stimulate new ways of connecting with and understanding each other through the Arts.
The strategy delivers programmes in thematic strands which include Creative Enterprise (supporting livelihoods in the creative industries) and Connecting (connecting artists and other cultural professionals often to make new work and show to new audiences).
Approach and Activities
The selected intern will be contracted for a maximum of 6 months to provide the services and deliverables as articulated at the start of the consultancy with reasonable skill, care and ability in accordance with the standards set by British Council in any contractual agreement associated with these Terms of Reference.
The approach for delivery will be working five days per week, remotely and on occasion at the British Council office in Lagos as safety precautions permit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Arts Management, the intern will support with Administrative tasks, social media management and content generation for our Arts programme with duties including (but not limited to):
- Support with administrative comms and requests for information
- Uploading posts and answering basic enquiries on social media
- Work with Digital manager for the planning and promotion of content
- Supporting campaign management and optimisation across multiple channels
- Creation and editing of creative images and animation content
- Assist Email management and optimization.
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the Digital Manager or a senior member of the Arts team.
- In the delivery of the assignment, the intern will be required to ensure to be guided by British Council requirements as follows:
- Diversity: All case studies and materials used for the programme will be in line with British Council equality and diversity approach as outlined at: https://www.britishcouncil.org/organisation/how-we-work/equality-diversity-inclusion
- Safeguarding: All case studies and materials used for the programme will be in line with British Council Safeguarding policy as found at: https://www.britishcouncil.org/about-us/how-we-work/policies/safeguarding.
- Information management: All data that the consultant gains access to in the course of their delivery of the assignment will be handled in line with British Council Information and Security policy as outlined at: https://www.britishcouncil.org/organisation/transparency/policies/child-protection
- Further requirements will be outlined in the contract to be signed
Learning and development opportunities for the intern:
- General understanding of the work and mission of the British Council and how it contributes to the development of the Nigerian Creative Economy
- Insight and hands-on experience in planning and implementing digital campaigns for art and cultural organisation
- Gaining useful office experience and the opportunity to contribute to marketing campaigns
Profile of Intern
The ideal candidate should:
- Have an interest in the Arts, digital media and social media marketing.
- Be a recent graduate (graduated within the last 2 years) with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with social media, video and graphic design tools.
- Experience with creating content for the web such as blogging or video blogging would be an added advantage.
Management and Support for the role:
- The intern will report to the Digital Manager based in Lagos. S/he will be expected to work closely with other members of the Arts team and key internal stakeholders such as the West Africa Arts Programme Manager.
N75,000 Naira monthly
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one PDF attachment to: Arts.Nigeria@britishcouncil.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer term employment with the organisation. If opportunities for further paid employment arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.
- Only shortlisted entries will be contacted by Friday 16 April 2021 to move on to the next stage.
- Sales Executive / Marketer Job at Oxford international Group
- Digital Marketing Expert Job at Me cure Healthcare Limited
- Marketing and Brand Manager Job at Moyosola Olalekan
- Digital Marketer Job at SB TELECOMS LTD
- Sales and Marketing Executive Recruitment
- Marketing and Communication Executive Recruitment
- Sales & Marketing Executive Recruitment
- Personal Assistant / Marketer Job at Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited
- Sales Representative / Marketer Recruitment
- Market Sales Representative Job at SaroAfrica International Limited