Warehouse and Logistics Officer Job at Softcom Limited
Softcom was established in 2007 with a mission to “connect people and businesses with meaningful innovation”. A technology company which aims to solve problems that will connect people and businesses to value that ultimately improves their lives. We want our products to enable inclusion and growth for people and businesses in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Warehouse and Logistics Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
- Receive and make available warehouse items timely and of right quantity and specification throughout and around working hours as required, and keeping track of, monitor and report on inventory levels, changes, and replenishments real time though the system and follow-up communications
- Receive and protect/secure goods and stock items in the warehouse.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Completeness, cleanliness, tidiness, and attendance during work hours and as per special circumstances, receipt and deliveries preparations and inventory levels in a warehouse or similar space.
- Receive and record new items as they come in, and move items onto store shelves, and to their temporary or final position as needed.
- Prepare shipments and project deliveries including attending to pick up and assist movement to point of delivery if walking distance, for instance office or nearby vehicle.
- Keep track of waybills and movements by collection, verification saving (paper as applicable) and electronic copying and uploading in the system of delivery and receipt waybills, bin cards and movements.
- Create schedules, monitor stock levels at the warehouse and initiate and follow-up on stock replenishment. Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Keep track of slow-moving stock, obsolete products, damaged products and near-date products.
- Assist in the coordination of the warehouse activities, including remote locations.
Education and/or Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in related field.
- Training and/or certification in warehousing or logistics and use of systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software.
Essential Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Sound administrative skills, combined with effective written and verbal communication and interaction to facilitate the carrying out of tasks timely and preventing costly mistakes.
- Good computer literacy, technical skills (items specifications) and system skills like database management, supplies procurement, scheduling.
- Detail-oriented and well organized, demonstrating the ability to manage responsibilities at high level of professionalism, dependability, and reliability.
- Work at a suitably fast pace without compromising safety, quality, documentation, and recording, without using those factors as an excuse but rather communicate fast timelines.
- Flexibility to perform a wide range of duties, at times at short notice, some of which may not fall strictly under your job description.
- Warehouse and basic equipment maintenance skills.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge / Traits:
- Experience with barcode and personnel management software.
- Being able to work as part of a team and interact with others under various and sometimes stressful circumstances, including coordination of just-in-time receipt and deliveries preparations and stock levels.
- Problem-solving skill to deal in a cooperative way with urgent problems immediately in the spirit of policies and procedures without having a supervisor available, while engaging attention of qualified personnel for more technical problems.
- Time Management and Numerical skills.
- Storekeeper Job at Periwinkle Residences Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Dispatch Rider Recruitment at Zenith Carex International
- Logistic Supervisor Job at Bukkha Hospitality Limited
- Distributor Developer Job at International Breweries PIc
- Procurement and Supply Chain Supervisor at Max Drive
- Store Assistant Job at CredencePro
- Compliance Officer and Warehouse Officer Job at Corporate Skills Bridge Limited
- Head of Operations
- Dispatch Rider Job at Beta Cargo Logistics Worldwide