Account and Finance Lead Job at Afrimash Company
Afrimash is an enterprise that is dedicated to the marketing of agricultural products relevant and useful in Nigeria and Africa. We are working towardsbuilding a very valuable, sustainable, and profitable organization that provides premium value to customers via the contribution of a talented workforce who enjoy providing quality service to customers.
Our team actively seeks out and deploys effective methods for bringing inputs to producers and also selling their products profitably using both offline and online methods that are complementary
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Account and Finance Lead
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
Main Purpose of Job
- This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most strategic, creative, and fastest-growing agritech/e-commerce companies in Nigeria as an account and finance lead. The role is multi-faceted, encompassing account, finance, and business intelligence in a young e-Commerce team.
- Our ideal candidate is a technology-savvy team player who is data-driven, energetic, process-driven, detailed, and accurate.
- He or she should be a creative problem solver, who can take the lead but can also collaborate with smaller teams and know how to juggle multiple priorities.
- The candidate will work alongside the entire e-commerce team to maintain and reconcile all accounts, provide timely accounting information for company use, forecast trends needed to enhance company decisions, and support innovation in the company’s accounting system.
- Manage all accounting operations including Invoicing, making payments, and passing entries into accounting software (Quickbooks) etc,
- Manage assets/warehouse/inventory accounting including reconciliation of inventory accounts.
- Oversee payroll administration
- Prepare daily & monthly bank reconciliation and maintain petty cash transactions
- Reconcile and maintain up to date records of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensure the implementation of the financial manual
- The signing of purchase orders and clearance of tax invoices
- Coordinate with Warehouse for Product Allocation needs.
- Manage month and year-end close processes and prepare timely periodic financial statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly budgets/forecasts as well as reviews; and provide actionable insights and follow up to the implementation.
- Manage and coordinate end-to-end audits of 3rd party service providers, including vendor selection and monthly review of payments versus activities.
- Suggest and oversee the implementation of strong internal controls including but not limited to sourcing and payment processes.
- Initiate and oversee special projects aligned with business intelligence and on-line strategies.
- Implement and execute strategic plans for leveraging the eCommerce marketplace to grow the business, focusing on sales trends, promotional opportunities, and marketing activities.
- Analyze performance metrics for the online marketplace and provide insights on overall performance by creating weekly reports.
- Provide reports to management on a regular basis on the activities managed and cost-cutting initiatives.
- Collaborate with Management and the Admin team to ensure all rents and renewals are paid promptly.
- Ensure health, insurance, pension, and other related policies with routine charges are paid promptly as well as documented, effected, and adhered to within confines of contracts.
- Maximize the best value for money for company-wide procurement activities and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Prepare documentation for external auditors and perform monthly compliance documentation and payouts to banks and the government.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Professional certifications in accounting-related courses with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in Human Resources is an added advantage.
- The candidate is expected to live within Ibadan
- Be less than 28 years
- Female candidate preferred
- Adhere to the core values of the Company
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel required), Quickbooks, PeachTree, SAGE etc.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Internet savvy and IT compliant
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Bookkeeper Job at Ameera Ventures Liimited
- Accounts and Billing Officer Job at EHA Clinics
- Employment Opportunities at Ifeanyi Best Electrical Groups
- Current Vacancies at Dangote Group
- Internal Auditor Job at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
- Mastercard Foundation Recruitment for a Finance Partner
- IHS Towers Recruitment for a Financial Audit Manager
- Finance Manager Job at Workforce Group
- Graduate Finance Officer Recruitment at Invent Alliance Limited
- Finance Officer Recruitment at MasterMindsHRSG