General Manager (Mechanical) Job at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: General Manager (Mechanical) - Cement Industry
Job ID: DCP-Gboko-GM-Mec
Job Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: DCP - Operations
- To manage all needs of the mechanical department , for effective and efficient operation in order to meet the plant set targets.
- Creating and implementing maintenance procedures.
- Conducting regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for mechanical planning, operation and entire management of the entire mechanical maintenance of the plant.
- Additional duties as assigned by the management.
- Supervise the utilization of plant resources in the production unit to ensure uninterrupted plant operations and employee/plant safety.
- Ensure Implementation of ISO Systems and Safety in Mechanical Department.
- Monitor and control consumption trend of refractory, grinding aid, and their inventory level.
- Co-ordination of Maintenance programs with Mechanical Heads of Sections in to achieve the targeted availability of maintenance materials.
- Plant Performance Reviews and Analysis with a view to enhancing production output, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Assessing performance of subordinates and providing necessary feedback for their development to Human Assets Department.
- Ensuring quality of the product going out from the department as per internal quality norms.
- Cost reduction by carrying out modifications and improvements in the process.
- Ensuring no accidents in the department and near-miss analysis.
- Planning and Implementation of Mechanical Maintenance, Capital and Revenue Budget.
- Coordination of all maintenance activities to ensure Plant availability, with direct responsibility for supervision of refractory maintenance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of twenty-seven (27) years of work experience.
- Professional qualification/membership in relevant and recognized bodies will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of cement production process
- Good knowledge of product quality parameters and quality control
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good knowledge of mechanical operations, equipments and their functions
- Good leadership and supervisory skills
- Good relationship management and communication skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
- Accounts & Admin Officer Job at Asset Matrix Energy Services Limited
- Executive Assistant (Management Level) Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Administrative Officer Job at Glovo Nigeria
- Male Administrative Officer Job at Zindziswa Concept Limited
- Senior Manager (Governance) Job at IHS Towers
- Restaurant Operation Manager Job at Broadway Cafeteria
- Restaurant Manager Job at Ibis Hotel
- Administrative Officer Job at Hercules Professional Services
- Receptionist Job at LAIM Hotel
- Administrative Officer Job at Eltees Farms