Graphics Designer and Creative Artist Recruitment at Tuteria Nigeria
At Tuteria, we're driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we've had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond - and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Graphics Designer and Creative Artist
Job Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Tuteria is looking to hire a brilliant Graphics Design and Creative Artist to help build a loved brand and creative strategy for our company. You’ll be expected to have excellent artistic and design skills, and be able to combine art and technology to visually communicating ideas, data and products in simple ways that captivate, inspire and inform our users.
- We believe that great design is the key to creating products people love. And as our first Graphics Design and Brand Manager at Tuteria, you'll take the lead on our brand and communication design for internal and external audiences.
- You’ll collaborate with other teams to help achieve their goals using design, while ensuring consistent brand identity across all products and communication. Your work will help Tuteria recreate a more recognizable and loved brand in both education and technology.
- This is a full-time role based in Tuteria's headquarters in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You'll Be Doing
- Create on a range of brand assets for web and print, including marketing materials, website images, presentation decks, how-to guides, banners, internal documents and more.
- Work closely with other teams using design to help achieve their goals. This includes the marketing team to drive customers, recruitment to build candidate experience or social media to create ongoing posts to be used across all channels.
- Collaborate with other teams to ideate, develop, plan and create messages, content and creative material for online and offline awareness campaigns and events.
- Be our brand advocate, defining, advancing and maintaining a high standard for communication and design consistency that resonates with our target market.
- Create visuals that communicate complex ideas, problem statements, new product features etc. in a clear, cohesive, and easily-digestible manner
- Carry out basic customer and market research to better understand users needs and deploy such findings to craft better communication and branding messages.
- Create internal assets as required such as culture guides, educational resources, newsletters, magazines, reports, logos, clothing designs, product designs etc.
What it'll Take to Succeed
- Are a multi-skilled designer, comfortable working on internal and external facing designs, and able to conceptualize and design ideas from start to finish.
- Have a penchant for pixel-perfect designs. You’re a lover of art and beauty. You detest complexity or chaos, and love making things simple and organized.
- Are empathetic and care deeply about how your designs make people feel. You care about how people feel about Tuteria.
- Are able to multitask, work within deadlines and iterate quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Have a strong understanding of creative, design and marketing processes.
- Are keen on details and comfortable correcting mistakes no matter how small.
- Are abreast of latest trends in design thinking and communication best practices.
- Can communicate clearly in speech and in writing, and able to get people to buy into your ideas
- Have natural creative and artistic abilities and can illustrate your ideas clearly on paper.
You should have:
- 2+ years’ experience working as Graphic Designer/ Video Specialist or similar role
- Expert-level usage of Adobe PhotoShop, PremierPro, Figma, Adobe XD, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, or any other design software.
- High level of imagination and creativity.
- 2+ years of experience of using video and editing equipment.
- A compelling portfolio showing high quality work over a range of creative projects.
- Good presentation skills, exciting personality and ability to simplify complex ideas.
- Experience designing responsive webpages, including a working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind.
While this isn't required, it'll be a plus is you have:
- a certification in Graphics Design, Human-Centered Design, UI/UX Design or Brand Management
- worked within teams, especially with product, marketing and sales teams
- experience with motion graphics, animation, creating educational videos, video editing and photography
- experience in a tech-driven company or have a technical background.
What We Offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- N120,000 monthly salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Annual learning development stipend
- 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
- Company pension contribution
- Product Design Manager (SuperApp) Job at Yassir
- Job Vacancies at Elizabeth Maddeux Limited
- Graphic Designer Job at Chemo-Pharma Laboratories Limited
- Content Creator and Virtual Assistant Job at Raphael Group
- Job Vacancies at Brainiac Global Solutions
- Graphic Design Specialist Job at Swift Networks Limited
- Graphics and Presentation Designer Job at Bmonie Technologies Limited
- IT and System Audit Manager Job at PalmPay
- Data Engineer Job at FairMoney
- Job Vacancies at Mayrahkee Africa