Job Openings at WaterAid
WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Senior Bid Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- As the Senior Bid Manager in the Bid Management Team, you will support the development of winning proposals to deliver strong growth in our restricted funding pipeline.
- In this role you will lead the bid development process for large complex institutional grants and commercial tenders, working closely with key stakeholders including internal WaterAid colleagues in London and in-country, as well as external partners towards the achievement of WaterAid's strategic program objectives in priority countries.
- Support or coordinate the project design process
- Work with country finance teams to build and review project budgets that reflect the technical design
- Design and deliver training to strengthen capacity of colleagues in Country Programmes and regional teams in proposal development
- Support the global restricted funding community of practice, developing tools and processes, and advocating for industry best practice
- Significant experience as a bid manager, ideally with a track record of successful bidding for development projects in low-income countries
- Experience negotiating with partners in complex consortia
- Excellent business acumen and ability to influence others
- Experience developing and negotiating proposal budgets
- Ability to design and deliver training, and help embed practices across a complex organisation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Application Closing Date: 29th February, 2024.
2.) Global IT Operations Manager
Job Location: Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
The Global IT Operations Manager will:
- Manage a team of IT professionals, providing guidance, performance feedback, and professional development opportunities whilst creating a sense of teamwork by pulling together colleagues with differing skillsets and expertise.
- Implement processes for tracking procurement, deployment, maintenance, and retirement of all IT assets including hardware, software, and licenses. This will require collaboration with our managed service provider.
- Act as the ITSM tool global administrator, assisting country program offices with maintenance, support, access, development of processes & training.
- Develop, update, and enforce IT policies and procedures in alignment with industry standards and organisational goals.
- Manage the IT departments hub on the internal intranet platform, ensuring that it provides up-to-date information, news, and resources to employees.
- Oversee the transition of completed IT projects from the internal IT operations team, with potential collaboration from 3rd parties to the MSP service delivery team.
- Collaborate with the finance department to code, integrate, and maintain IT-related financial transactions in the organisation's financial systems ensuring accurate allocation of costs, budgets, and expenses related to IT operations.
- Evaluate and implement automation tools and technologies to streamline repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce human error.
- Develop technical relationships with key suppliers and business partners.
- Ensure that project handover agreements are clearly defined, detailing responsibilities, documentation, support processes, and timelines.
- Develop and manage the IT operations budget, identifying cost-saving opportunities without compromising service quality.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the Global IT Operations team to ensure a high-quality service is delivered that meets the needs of the stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a centralised knowledge base repository containing technical documentation, troubleshooting guides, best practices, and user manuals.
- Ensure that IT policies are communicated effectively to all relevant stakeholders and are consistently followed.
- Organise the establishment and configuring of training resources for global IT staff as required.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Proven experience in IT Service Management.
- Effective leadership and team management skills to coordinate cross-functional teams and drive collaboration.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of ITIL framework and practices to ensure effective IT operations.
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex technical information clearly to various stakeholders.
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of delivering successful target operating model improvements.
- Experience of working in technical teams delivering complex solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills and experience of liaising with senior stakeholders to deliver activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify process bottlenecks and implement improvements.
- Adept at using relevant software tools and platforms for asset management, knowledge base management, project management, and more.
- IT Project Management expertise
- ITIL Certification
- In depth knowledge of the agile delivery cycle.
- Worked with a Managed Service Provider in a previous role.
Application Closing Date: 29th February, 2024.
3.) State Programme Lead
Job Location: Bauchi
Employment Type: Full-time
- To successfully coordinate the implementation of WaterAid’s country strategic initiatives at the State level by ensuring that all country thematic activities are properly included in realistic and achievable annual State Programme Plans and delivered through appropriate projects.
- This role will be accountable for conceptualizing programmes/projects, planning the effective delivery of programmatic outcomes that align with these plans in line with WaterAid programmatic principles and approaches, building and nurturing effective collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders (including implementing partners) for the delivery of WaterAid programmes /projects and an improved WASH outcome in the designated WaterAid state programme.
Programme design and management:
- Initiate project ideas, develop proposals, implement, and manage grant project activities (including budgets) for State Programmes in line with WaterAid’s strategic direction; monitor and evaluate the progress of programmes /project under the purview in line with WaterAid’s PMER standards and guidelines.
- Take leadership for all state-level reporting to WaterAid and grant funders on programme activities in the state; Ensure information on ongoing programmes in the state are kept up to date on the Project centre platform.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the Local Government Areas in the state to influence the implementation of a district-wide approach to WASH services
- Design plans for WaterAid’s activities in the state with inputs from partners (local and state government, as well as civil society partners) in such a manner that achieves WaterAid’s programmatic goals and objectives in the state.
- Identify, develop, and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with partners, state officials and sector stakeholders; act as a worthy and credible WaterAid representative in the State.
- Proactively engage in sector support initiatives and participate in sector coordination meetings at state level.
- Mobilise, encourage, motivate, support and empower key state stakeholders to take ownership of WASH issues within their jurisdiction.
- Identify relevant state sector institutions and assess their capacity to deliver services in an accountable, transparent and inclusive manner that will feed into the development of the WASH sector at the state level.
- Promote and ensure the mainstreaming of WaterAid programme principles, including equity & inclusion, in all WaterAid’s programme in the State
- Exercise accountability for management of the financial budget and resources at the state office; ensure timely and accurate budgets and financial reports are generated and submitted to WaterAid Nigeria Country office to facilitate reimbursements of expenses incurred on overhead and programmatic activities.
- Proactively contribute to knowledge management by capturing lessons learned from the States and disseminating these to Country Office staff using the information to lead state-level thinking and action towards WaterAid vision of everyone, everywhere by 2030.
- Ensure an integrated, coherent, and cross-aligned implementation of different WaterAid programmatic activities in the state.
- Actively oversee work in project communities and by partners, including those in remote, rural villages; support establishment, capacity building and growth of community management structures and conduct ongoing monitoring of project activities.
- Identify community-based structures and networks and support their evolution to active community voices.
- Work collaboratively with Country Programme and WaterAid West Africa regional colleagues to develop and implement sector support/strengthening plans that reflect the context of the state.
- Support the Co-ordinator Service Delivery & Partnerships and partners (where applicable) in the selection, contracting and monitoring of external consultants.
- Develop case studies and success stories to demonstrate the impact of WaterAid’s work, enhance the visibility of WANG programmes and use them as fundraising materials.
Programme development and fundraising:
- Ensure robust analysis of the perceived and actual needs of state context, communities and partners is reflected in design and implementation of WaterAid programme/projects in the state.
- Work collaboratively with PM & Evaluation teams to establish and maintain effective programme/project monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and processes for both internal and external use.
- Use knowledge of state context to initiate project concepts/ proposals that respond to WASH issues in the state; Work in active collaboration with fundraising team to market grant programmes/project funding opportunities for state programme/projects to potential funders.
- Participate in grant proposal development/proposal writing to pursue fundraising opportunities targeting the state programme.
- Scoping new partner institutions/organisation in the state with potential for building effective collaboration to achieve WaterAid goals; work in collaboration with relevant teams to conduct relevant pre-agreement assessments and due diligence checks
- Create and cultivate an open, engaging and empowering relationship that supports partners to progressively exercise greater initiative, fully participate and over time, take ownership of programme/projects decisions for sustainability; respond to requests from partners, working with colleagues to provide support to partners in achieving the State Programmes plans.
- Advise partners on setting performance standards, working with colleagues to monitor the performance of partners.
- In line with WaterAid processes, effectively manage partnership relationships from start-up to exit stage
- Conduct routine reviews of WaterAid partnerships, putting in place recommendations that arise from such reviews.
- Support the design and implementation of annual capacity building plans for partners.
Promote a positive working environment that empowers partners to deliver high quality programmes.
Leadership and management:
- Lead the development of activity-based budgets for state program activities across thematic areas; Accountable for managing budgets aligning the budget with activities and monitoring to ensure budget performance of multiple partners is according to plan; ensuring good quality financial reports of programmes & from partners in the state are submitted on time. Resolving any inaccuracies promptly. Work collaboratively with FIT to ensure timely disbursement of funds required by partners.
- Directly supervise state programmes team to deliver high performance; Provide guidance and direction to a multi-functional team, including setting performance objectives and monitoring performance of the members of the state team.
- Coach & mentor team members to enable effective delivery of targets and prioritise achievement of the learning & development priorities of the team.
- Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Development, Public Health or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a role with direct focus on development, poverty reduction and WASH
- Proven ability to influence key state stakeholders and create change. Including an understanding of advocacy tools and approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience managing similar-sized grant-funded programmes/projects funded by international donors in a developing country context.
- Experience working with partners implementing a grant-funded project.
- Strong programme/project management skills, including the ability to ability to initiate, plan, manage and monitor programmes & projects; technical ability to develop programme plans/design log frames etc
- Experience of managing multiple project stakeholders including community-level stakeholders; donors; government officials etc
- Strong written communication skills, including experience in writing project narrative reports
- Good planning & organisational skills. Able to manage own time, as well as plan and prioritise own and others wor
- Above-average competence in the use of IT tools. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite of computer applications, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience in budget and financial management
- Experience of project documentation for use in influencing; writing case studies and success stories
- Familiarity with and experience using participatory tools, methods and approaches in project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating others and driving change
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Graduate degree in Development Studies/Management or other related field
- Experience in effective management & monitoring of partners in the WASH sector
- Strong facilitation skills
- Knowledge of adult learning approaches
- Experience in community mobilisation and project management
- Experience of managing or supervising a multi-functional team
- Knowledge of behaviour change models and approaches
Application Closing Date: 21st February, 2024.
- Senior Internal Audit Control Officer Job at PalmPay
- Audit Assistant Job at President Paints Nigeria Limited
- Administrative Officer Job at Creditville Limited
- Recovery Officer Job at Lheon Consulting Limited
- Event Center Manager Job at Total Child School
- Internal Control Officer Job at Food Concepts Plc
- Account Officer Job at JMG Limited
- Account Officer (Bank Reconciliation) Job at JMG Limited
- Operations Manager (SPA) Job at UnoCasa Limited
- Reconciliation Manager Job at Flutterwave