Senior Business Development Manager Job at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Business Development Manager
Job Location: Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt - Rivers
Pay Band: Pay band 7
Contract Type: Indefinite contract
- The purpose of this role is to deliver business development across various products and services, including building relationships, identifying needs and enhancing opportunities with key accounts to meet business related targets.
- The role is also required proactively resolve issues, add value and ensure delivery on expectations.
- On a daily basis the role executes the country key account strategy and plan.
- The role will support the development and delivery the 2-year market led, integrated cross portfolio Business Development & Sales strategy aligned with Global/Regional strategy.
This post will have the following core functions:
- Undertakes regular quality checks, provides feedback and implements plans and targets for products/services relative to Market need with Commercial Manager, as primary focus is business pursuit.
- Overall P&L delivery for the country. Manages Exams team activities to meet (daily/weekly/monthly) agreed targets, schedules and deadlines
- Delivers income and margin surplus targets, ensuring new and existing business is operationally feasible and commercially sound working with Finance input/support
Market & customer intelligence:
- Leads team in pulling together Customer and Market intelligence to identify opportunities and works with Commercial Manager to prioritise lead generation.
- Analyses clients’ needs and tailors value propositions with expert support where needed. Input into Global Innovation and Business Development strategies working with Commercial Manager
- Undertakes regular quality checks and reviews, following agreed corporate or relevant external protocols, to monitor the quality, consistency and effectiveness of service/product delivery.
- Creates effective and compelling business cases for new products/services for senior approval and stakeholder buy-in.
Account & stakeholder management:
- Business Pursuit, RO influencing, networking and key account relationships plan and delivery agreed with Cluster Lead and with relevant colleagues on shared opportunities
- Oversees quality of customer experience on the ground, reviewing with Operations Manager and feeding into reporting
- Oversight on sales events and showcases – e.g. meetings, conference slots, sending targeted marketing or thought leadership materials etc.
- Oversees strategic partnership management framework with key partners. Collaborate closely with Commercial Manager, Head of Business Development and Global client team.
Analysis & Reporting:
- Provides updates on B2B/Sales forecast, actively manages pipeline and drives demand in year and for the following year.
- Contributes data and/or administrative support, as required, to enable the development and distribution of high quality, customer and market-focused marketing collateral
- First Degree / Master's Degree in related field with a minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Expertise in using proactive approach to identifying ways in which service can be improved, and takes these forward
- Demonstrated analytical ability and commercial acumen
- Experience collecting and analysing client/stakeholder feedback
- Experience managing teams and their work performance
- Demonstrable experience to sustain and/or grow a product/service in line with strategic priorities for income and impact
- Business development experience in the Education & Exams sector
- Experience working with exams (or services related setting)
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
NGN18,180,443 / Annum (Gross)
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website.
- If you have any problems with your application please email email@example.com
- Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- Sales & Marketing Manager Job at Evet
- Business Development Manager (Computing) Job at SLOT Systems Limited
- Sales & Marketing Officer Job at Chelis Bookazine Limited
- Business Development Manager Job at Nigeria Machine Tools
- Job Vacancies at Elizabeth Maddeux Limited
- Hotel Manager
- Sales Executive Job at Bogo Beverages Limited
- Area Sales Manager Job at Wemy Industries Limited
- Job Openings at Ginger Travelz
- Sales Manager Job at FHON Consulting Agency