Senior Internal Audit and Compliance Officer Job at Matrix Energy Group
Matrix Energy Group is a rapidly growing indigenous and integrated Oil Marketing and Trading Company in Nigeria, which was incorporated November 25, 2004.
Over the years, Matrix Energy has grown from a modest supply and distribution operation to a fully integrated petroleum products marketing and trading company with clients and suppliers all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Internal Audit and Compliance Officer
Job Opening ID: MEL1081
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Oil & Gas
- The employee in this position is mainly responsible for the internal audits of the Matrix Finance and Accounts Unit.
- All processes, activities, procurement, and transactions of the afore-mentioned units shall be closely monitored and audited by the employee in this position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Accountable for the coordination of the IACD team in Lagos.
- Conduct a thorough review of all payment vouchers.
- Conduct thorough review of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Review of the ERP process and proffer initiatives for improvement.
- Ensure the timely rendition of Taxes and other statutory dues.
- Responsible for the review of monthly stock reconciliation.
- Administration of the Retail POS terminals and chargebacks.
- Conduct reviews of GL accounts to ensure management accounts accuracy.
- Manage credit review and risk management.
- Ensure prepayments & depreciation is being updated correctly on the database in accordance with the company policies in a timely manner.
- Follow-up of all audit findings to ensure adequacy and timeliness of corrections and resolutions.
- A Degree in Accounting or any other Finance related course.
- ICAN/ACCA certification.
- Applicant must be willing to travel outside Lagos as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience performing audit functions in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Experience in Downstream Oil and Gas is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, reporting and writing skills.
- Good MS Office skills particularly in Excel, Word, and Power point.
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills.
- Excellent team player
- Fixed Asset Accountant Job at Ohan Corporate Services
- Branch Accountant Job at Ohan Corporate Services
- Accounts & Admin Officer Job at Asset Matrix Energy Services Limited
- Account Officer Job at Precious Aurum Integrated Services
- Accounting & Inventory Assistant Job at Lopterra Services Limited
- Pension Fund Accountant Job at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Account Officer Job at Bi Communications Nigeria Limited
- Account Manager Job at Omega Pathway Innovative Limited
- Loan Portfolio Manager Job at TradeDepot
- Finance Manager Job at TeamAce