Software Engineer (Backend) Job at Gomoney
Gomoney is a digital bank dedicated to simplifying banking for everyone and contributing to a future where everyone is in control of their money. With tools to split, schedule, send, receive and track payments, users have the tools for better transaction processes and better understanding of their spending habits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Software Engineer (Backend)
Job Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full time
About this Role
What will you be doing as a Backend Engineer?
- You'll be working as part of a cross-disciplinary group that prioritizes user needs, challenges assumptions, and iterates quickly, using data and running experiments to develop secure, robust, and scalable solutions.
How will you make impact?
- You will be a part of our backend team responsible for managing the interchange of data between our servers and users. As you know, backend engineering primarily focuses on the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define and deliver resilient software that meets and exceeds the expectations of your team, managers, and product stakeholders.
- Interfacing with stakeholders to understand their business, goals, and visions for products supported by the product organisation.
- Lending your knowledge and positive approach to overall team development.
- Develop readable, testable, and maintainable code to spec.
- Commitment to continued technical and professional growth.
- Frameworks, and technologies we use include but are not limited to:
- NodeJs + TypeScript
- Kubernetes + Helm
- Github + CircleCI
- Loki + Grafana.
This might be for you if you
- HND / B.Sc Degree with 2 - 3 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Have experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Have familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases like Postgres or MongoDB.
- Have familiarity with key-value databases like Redis or memcached.
- Have exposure to CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Have good knowledge of Docker, container orchestration and microservices architecture.
- Have experience working with Kubernetes clusters and deploying applications.
What's on Offer?
- Culture: We're a People first company, we believe in a culture of inclusiveness to embrace diversity of thought; kindness and candidness; Learning and openness to do things differently.
- Growth: We have big dreams, and we ensure you grow through interesting and challenging work, have an active voice in your career development and are a part of a culture that supports your growth by actively creating opportunities to expand your skills.
- Flexibility: We believe that you should drive how and where you work and empower you with flexibility and autonomy. We’re fully remote right now, allowing you to live and work the way you need, giving you time back from long commutes! We continue to explore how new ways of working can enhance the work environment, and as a customer success associate, you will have a key role in helping to determine how new ways of working could change in the future.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as: Leave allowance, Gym membership, Monthly internet allowance,13th month, Pension and Health insurance.
- Software Engineering Manager (Ubuntu Build Infrastructure) Job at Canonical Nigeria
- Front-End Engineer Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Senior Backend Developer Job at LifeBank
- Web Developer Job at Canonical Nigeria
- UI / UX Tutor Job at Raadaa Partners International Limited
- Mobile App Developer (Android / IOS) Job at Raadaa Partners International Limited
- Product Designer Job at Kuda Bank
- UI / UX Designer Job at Sujimoto Construction Limited
- Senior Software Engineer Job at Microsoft Corporation
- Job Vacancies at Tezza Business Solutions Limited