A leading full boarding International School in Lagos requires the services of an Administration Manager for immediate employment.
The Administration Manager will be charged with the responsibility of overseeing the administrative operations of the Board Secretariat. He/she will also facilitate the achievement of the organization’s strategic and operational objectives by ensuring the provision of timely and qualitative administrative and support services as well as involvement in all school events.
He/she will ensure an efficient (cost, quality and time-wise) procurement process through the design and implementation of leading practice procurement policies, processes and procedures. Responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
- First degree or its equivalent in any discipline, preferably in the Social Sciences
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience of which at least four (4) must have been at a managerial level.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of general administration
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent team player; ability to work collaboratively with both teaching and non-teaching management colleagues
- Strong leadership and management skills; effectively formulate and implement key objectives and ensure the day to day operational efficiency of the department
- Good knowledge of leading practices in procurement
- Detailed oriented, sound organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem analysis and crisis management skills
- Good coaching, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Must have knowledge in business law regarding contracts in order to prepare agreements between a department and other agencies
- Must be aware of the state and federal laws and regulations related to the work unit.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date database of pre-qualified vendors
- Oversee the procurement process as well as the contracting and tendering processes for all categories of goods/services
- Participate in the testing and inspection of stock/goods/equipment received; and advice on suitability/quality of goods based on established standards
- Ensure accurate records and documentation of all procurement-related transactions
- He/she will work in collaboration with the VPS, Catering, and Facilities departments.
- This role is not that of decision-maker, but the post-holder will ensure implementation of a decision.
- Ensure that no request leaves his/her desk without approval from the HOF
- Coordinate all general administration functions and ensure the provision of efficient and effective services to support core operations
- Quality assure all areas of administration assessing areas for improvement and ensuring the integrity of all areas of school operation whilst ensuring that successful outcomes are delivered in operation and project areas
- Oversee the activities of the procurement function ensuring the School’s interest is protected and that quality items are provided at reasonable prices;
- Ensure transparent and objective vendor selection and evaluation process, including maintenance of a comprehensive supplier/vendor database
- Monitor the activities of vendors to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Identification, monitoring, and purchase of fixed assets
- Management of contract administration
- Involvement in the price index
- Handling of travel itinerary (booking of flight tickets and hotel reservations).
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures, and processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Coordinate periodic internal customer satisfaction surveys to identify service improvement areas across the school
- Manage the human and material resources of the department for optimal performance and enhanced output.
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with the approved departmental budget and the School’s manual of authority
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support, and direction to subordinates in the procurement department.
- Assigns responsibilities to subordinates and monitor them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Head of Finance on the activities of the department’s general administrative functions; progress and challenges
- Support the HOF in all aspects of procurement and in particular employing analytical and auditing skills to constructively evaluate and coordinate the improvement of both general and specific administrative tasks and functions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager
- Executive Assistant Job at Beacongate Limited
- Office Assistant (Intern) Recruitment at DynamicPlus Advisory
- Office Assistant / Junior Content Creator Recruitment at The V21 Comms Limited
- Office Assistant Job at Beacongate Limited
- Front Desk Officer Job at MasterMindsHRSG
- Graduate Trainee Finance / Admin Officer Recruitment at Moytel Consultants Limited
- Front Desk Officer Job at Prestigious Consulting Group
- Admin / Office Assistant Job at KWAD Security Services Limited
- Office Assistant Job at Rossland Screening Solutions
- Front Desk Officer Job at Sarepta Nigeria Limited