Metallurgical & Material Engineer Job at Olakleen Holdings Limited
O'la-kleen Nigeria Limited is Nigeria's foremost cleaning service company with a brand name used as a reference point both locally and internationally. The company has continued to exceed the expectations of clients thereby defining service excellence in the cleaning industry. O'la-kleen Nigeria Limited renders services for the corporate organisation as well as individuals with our clients list ranging from the American Embassy, Central Bank of Nigeria and Nigerian Breweries to mention but a few.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Metallurgical & Material Engineer
Job Location: Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Summary of Role
- The incumbent is responsible for developing ways of optimizing production processes in a ferrous & non-ferrous plant where scrap is converted to valuable finished goods; investigate and examine the production performance such as percentage yield, chemical composition and physical properties.
- Metals such as ferrous & non-ferrous are manufactured to end user and standards organizations' specifications.
- He designs and fabricates new materials and alloys and formulates new and more efficient processes of fabrication of materials.
- Understands metal Recycling, physical & process metallurgy with in-depth knowledge of the entire recycling process for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Studying the properties of various materials and finding means of improving their characteristics
- Testing and evaluating efficiency, characteristics and performance of new alloys
- Conducting feasibility studies about new alloys as well as their respective fabrication procedures
- Researching and formulating methods of extraction of pure metals from ores
- Researching methods of refining extracted method and formulating cost effective and efficient methods
- Documenting and preparing detailed records of all research procedures and details
- Regularly keeping in touch with metallurgical research taking place in different parts of the world
- Collaborating with scientists and other researchers who work in similar fields
- Implementing safety measures and train junior staff
- Any other function as may be assigned by the GM and/ or GMD.
- A Degree in Metallurgical / Material Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Must have 5 years hands-on experience in ferrous and non-ferrous metal.
- Knowledge of Recycling; Melting of metals from various scrap sources to get the right chemistry and physical properties of the specified finished goods
- Knowledge of Physical Metallurgy: behaviour of metal under stress & changes in temperature. Investigate accidents due to metallurgical failures.
- Knowledge of Process Metallurgy: shaping of metals through casting, rolling, forging and drawing; joining of metals through welding and soldering techniques. Designing metal components & Prototypes.
- Thorough knowledge regarding various materials and their characteristics
- Thorough knowledge regarding extraction and refining procedures of various materials
- A tremendous amount of creativity and innovative skills
- Excellent analysis and observation skills along with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work for long hours and patience for research.
- Proven ability to build and manage a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Discipline, integrity and result oriented
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve desired objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful and focused on achieving set goals
- High energy level; ebullient.
N200,000 - N300,000 Monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job position as subject of email.
Note: Applicants MUST reside in Ota, Ogun State and its immediate environs.
- Civil Engineeer Job at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Engineering Manager (Design) Job at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Material Engineer Job at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited
- Senior Process Engineer Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Site Architect / Engineer Job at Mshel Homes Limited
- Senior Engineer (Scrum) Job at Flutterwave
- Civil Engineer - Quality Assurance / Quality Control Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Job Openings at HRLeverage Africa
- Electrical Engineer Job at Sagar Vitaceuticals Nigeria Limited
- Quality Assurance Engineering Manager Job at Reliance Health