State Based Consultant Job at Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR)
Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous nonprofit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda-setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: State Based Consultant
Job Location: Benue
Job type: Full-time
- The Consultant will provide TA for a duration of 10 months to dedicated state primary healthcare development agencies in implementing a variety of tasks to promote community engagement and participation, and measurable behavioural and social change/mobilization in risk communication and demand generation for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Project strategy implementation/technical assistance i. Oversee the day-to-day implementation of program deliverables
- Collaborate with government and non-government stakeholders to provide technical support to the design and conduct of the socio-behavioural study, social listening and KIIs and FGDs to develop, test, produce and use quality materials and/or organize activities to promote COVID-19 vaccination uptake
- Facilitate the conduct of comprehensive analysis of social-cultural-economic, and other factors affecting COVID-19 vaccination uptake to develop targeted stakeholder engagement strategies
- Assist with the planning and coordination of COVID-19 vaccine behavioural change communication strategies in consultation with SPHCDA officials.
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation of interventions offered and outcomes in the appropriate data capture tools followed by updates on recommended project databases
- Participate in problem-solving and learning sessions to share knowledge, best practices, challenges and progress on program implementation
- Provide daily updates on implementation activities to the project manager.
- Engage actively with relevant stakeholders to foster good relationships with the organization.
- Support any other tasks as may be required by the central Project management team
- Identify and map priority stakeholders for targeted advocacy and engagement through a defined strategy
- Develop, test and conduct a COVID-19 vaccine uptake gap assessment using behavioural science frameworks in collaboration with the central team
- Establish infodemic management and communications data monitoring systems (including dashboards and trackers) in focus states
- Develop and domesticate reframed COVID-19 vaccination messaging in collaboration with SPHCDA demand team v. Weekly program updates summarising the status of activities and key next steps
- Bi-monthly progress reports detailing the status, outcomes and next steps of strategies deployed in collaboration with SPHCDA
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Social and Behavioural Science, Health Education, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Communication, Medicine, or other related fields
- 4+ years’ experience working in the development or consulting sector
- Strong stakeholder engagement and coordination skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data management skills
- Experience in leadership roles including management and/or interfacing with high-ranking officials is desirable g. Experience working with/as part of government systems is advantageous.
- Past experience in community engagement, health data collection and/or demand generation campaigns for health programs/interventions or other development sector programs in local communities is desirable
- Computer literacy and competency using the MS suite of programs
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, and adjust work pace and direction to emerging realities
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in the local dialects of the geographic region is an added advantage
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and corresponding CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Application for State-based Consultant_Benue" as the subject of the mail.
- Sales Consultant Job at VIP Express Tourism Limited
- Job Openings at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
- Branch Head, Asset Creation (B2C) Job Rosabon Financial Service
- Consultant Job at ZOA International
- Consultant Job at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Ongoing Recruitment at Baobab Microfinance Bank
- Team Building and Retreat Consultant Job at Jhpiego
- Job Openings at World Bank Group
- Personal Assistant to the CEO
- Sales Consultant Job at Stafflon Consulting