Financial / GL Accountant Job at BP Solutions Africa
BP Business Solutions Africa - We are HR Business Partners providing Best Practice business solutions to our clients through Brilliant Performance and Burning Passion for what we do. We are NOT HR consultants. We do NOT see ourselves as consultants. We prefer to see ourselves as your HR Business Partners working for you from outside your organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial / GL Accountant
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance function of OFIL.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of financial accounting and administrative operations of the F&A department:
- Manage accounting for fixed assets acquisition, disposal and depreciation calculation policy in line with IFRS following SAP steps.
- Review and adjustment of posting to P & L
- Maintenance, posting and running of monthly accruals
- Review and adjustment to statement of financial position
- Recognize new fixed assets and reconcile with approved investment budget.
- Discuss with project teams and engineering department to conclude on capitalization of assets under construction.
- Justify fixed assets write-off proposal from requestors/dept. heads
- Coordinate with factory and others to make sure fixed assets are affixed with tags and identification numbers.
- Performing fixed assets physical count when due with fixed assets custodians.
- Monthly reconciliation of PPE general ledger to assets register
- Monitor inter-company transfer of fixed assets.
- Creation of Budget tree and Investment Order for cost accumulation
- Organize the physical count of fixed assets with the tax consultants for the purpose of obtaining a Certificate of Capital Acceptance from the Ministry of Industry
- Year-end account reconciliation.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Finance background
- Accounting including IFRS, SAP and Local GAAP
- Monthly planning and control cycle, efficient working of Accounts Payable, Receivables, Property Plant & Equipment and General Ledger and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and application of relevant accounting standards.
- Analytical Background Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, and basic PowerPoint and Access; SAP (or the equivalent) experience.
- Experience working within the FMCG sector is highly required
Key Performance Indicator:
- Close SAP in line with the Group reporting timetable
- Clean audit opinion
- Conclude Annual report in line with the agreed timetable
- Accuracy and timeliness of reports as per deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job position as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates with FMCG experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Audit & Compliance Officer Job at Action Health Incorporated
- Accountant / Payroll Officer Job at Nicole Sinclair
- Accountant Job at Chemonics International
- Account Payable Officer Job at Paga Limited
- Finance Manager Job at M-KOPA Nigeria
- Internal Auditor Job at Don Quester Consulting
- Account Clerk Job at PeaKay Consulting
- Internal Control Officer Job at a reputable company
- Finance Intern Recruitment at The Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF)
- Accounting Intern Recruitment at Domeo Resources International