Government Relations Officer Job at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Government Relations Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
The client is a company focused on building charging infrastructure, raising awareness about electric vehicles, delivering immersive experiences, and engaging in manufacturing, with the aim of creating a sustainable future for Nigeria. The preferred candidate's duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing critical relationships with the public policy stakeholders, including Federal and State Governments, Transport officials in Nigeria, key regulators, and external stakeholders such as environmental organizations, automotive companies, and industry associations to shape policy and political dialogue in Nigeria.
- Actively monitor and report on key legislative and regulatory developments in the areas of climate, resiliency, or other energy policies that may create new opportunities or impact the company’s bottom line.
- Bridge business development and policy opportunities to reach new growth targets.
- Developing written and oral presentations for delivery to government officials and regulatory bodies in the area of incentive program and delivery, policy development, and regulatory compliance activities
- Design and implement a targeted government relations strategy
- Engage in local advocacy and communications with key federal and state officials, utilities, NGOs, and associations to help advance broader government relations strategy.
- Design focused meetings for key executives to grow and strengthen relationships and influence
- Coordinating with internal teams on messaging, policy development, &and strategy.
- 5+ years of public policy experience within government, or relevant nonprofits, public interest groups, and companies
- Experience in the automotive and/or transportation policy area is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian political and policy dynamics and decision-makers and an expansive political network
- Proven ability to coordinate public policy positions and influence and drive change across diverse stakeholders
- Skilled and experienced at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to design and execute government and industry relations strategy within a complex business environment and across different jurisdictions.
- High level of discretion and integrity to handle confidential material responsibly
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Nationwide Sales and Business Development Openings
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer / Head of Field Coordination Job at the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
- Legal and Governance Officer Job at SaroAfrica International Limited
- Nigerian Army (DSSC 27 / 2023) Nationwide Job Recruitment 2023
- Government Relations Intern Recruitment at Procter and Gamble
- Government Relations Specialist Job at Choice International Group
- Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Massive Recruitment 2023
- 2022 Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Nationwide Recruitment
- The Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) Massive Recruitment
- Government / Aviation Affairs Manager Job at Zipline